Some of the Tapo C200 Cameras Keep Disconnecting from Home Wifi and appears to be Offline

Some of the Tapo C200 Cameras Keep Disconnecting from Home Wifi and appears to be Offline

90 Reply
Re:Some of the Tapo C200 Cameras Keep Disconnecting from Home Wifi and appears to be Offline
2021-01-30 10:24:41

I have the same problem. Everything worked fine  until I installed a memory card! The camera is placed in my cabin 250 km from home, so it is not that easy to reboot every time it happens.  

Options
Re:Some of the Tapo C200 Cameras Keep Disconnecting from Home Wifi and appears to be Offline
2021-01-30 12:24:48

@kyo 

The same situation. 4 Tapo C100 V1 cameras, no mesh network, but cameras keep going offline requiring powering them off to reconnect from time to time. Moreover, at the time when the cameras go offline I can see in the dashboard of Omada  OC200 hardware controller the number of cases of "WPA Authentication Timeout/Failure" increases to thousands (when cameras are connected and not going offline this number is about 7 to 14, and when a camera goes offline this number can be as high as 64000!!!) . What is interesting, I have two Tapo P100 (EU)V1 smart plugs, which are operating already more than 4 months without any disconnections. I hope this information could help TP-Link engineers to correct the situation. 

Options
2021-02-11 03:29:08 - last edited 2021-08-31 02:37:52

@VitaliyT 

Hey Guys. I did a tweak as these are my observations.

1) I switched off 5Ghz for my router since Tapo C200 can only support 2.4 Ghz. I noticed that the "Offline" frequency is indeed lower.

2) For those using Tapo C200 cameras for recording purposes, do note that even when you camera is offline, the recording is still on-going. I did a test by using a Continuous Recording function. When the camera happens to be offline say 1pm - 3pm, I went to check back after is back online, the recorded videos during that time frame is there.

Overall, I think by switching off 5Ghz really helped to improve camera stability even though you have to forgo using 5Ghz for other purposes. Out of 4 cameras, only 1 will be offline maybe once every 2-3 days for a couple of hours and then it will automatically be online again without me switching off and on the camera. Hope this helps for those who are experiencing the same issue.

Options
2021-02-14 16:43:14

I would like to receive an answer and solution! to this problem. About one month ago TP-Link support send me an e-mail, and I mailed back all the necessary information and attached an error log from one of my cameras. And there was silence ever after and no solution. This problem is mentioned by many Tapo cameras owners in this forum, but no solution yet.

I would like to know will there be a solution or no?

When you leave your house for a number of days, and you use the camera as a security measure, you have no way to unplug and reboot the camera which went unexpectedly offline if you are away from home. It makes the whole system absolutely unreliable.

Options
2021-03-21 07:36:05

@TP-Link 

Same problem here. Only solution is manually unplugging mains power.

Regards from Denmark.

Options
2021-03-23 05:20:40

My tapoc200 camera goes offline whenever I pan to a specific area. 

Options
2021-04-01 19:54:24

@Kel Hi, My cameras could go online with wi-fi and data when it was first set up, but later it goes offline when I do not use wi-fi and try to connect with data. How do I fix the problem, please. 

Options
2021-04-01 23:56:59

@Kel I also have 5 cameras and they go offline all the time. I have that same problem. If a solution cannot be found, I will return the products

Options
2021-04-13 07:03:20

I have a C100 that worked until I upgraded to latest firmware and now it keeps going off line at least twice a day

Options
2021-04-29 18:39:22

@Kel 

My C200 has started acting up as well. Was working fine until I upgraded to the latest firmware.

Symptoms appear to be 

- detection notifications not happening 

- camera going offline

Options