TP LINK SMART ROUTER With Kasa Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-26 07:42:10

Hi people im looking at expanding my kasa devices in the home however i have got some sensors that work with kasa but it says i need a smart router

Does the ARCHER VR600 work with kasa or can someone help and point me in the right direction 

thanks 

Dean

Options
7 Reply
Re:TP LINK SMART ROUTER With Kasa Device
2020-12-26 12:45:39
Hey Dean I had a VR600 and 4x kasa plugs working on it without issue. The Kasa device simply need some sort of internet connection to work, nothing too fancy
Options
2020-12-26 15:04:14

@Philbert  its not the plugs or bulbs - i want to add a motion sensor but it sensor a smart router is required but on looking into them all i can find is the SR20 but thats a us router i dont know if this would work in the uk - ive also seen the cameras work as a motion sensor but i have them on the outside lights but id like a motion sensor instead of a camera for indoors 

Options
2020-12-26 15:31:31
Have you any details on the sensors themselves? Post a link to the model or manual if you can
Options
2020-12-26 16:39:56

@Philbert i dont to hand but when you got to the app - add device - motion sensor i get the message that says -

CHECK YOUR ROUTER - A smart home router is needed before you can setup a motion sensor 

same mesage for door and window sensors 

so i need a smart router - and at the moment im using my BB providers router 

Options
2020-12-27 16:46:03

@Deano987 

Hey Deano

Had some time today so done some digging on this for you.  I may be wrong but this I think is looking for a control hub for the IOT devices you have bought and not the 'router' as it appears.

Some IOT devices require a central hub/router to work off, again I could be wrong but just my thinking.  Check out the Samsung SmartThings Hub v3 for example, this allow all zigbee/bluetooth devices to access a WLAN connection for automation.  I think its something like this you need.

If you can provide some details on the sensors (manufacturer, model) I will see if i can help you some more

Options
2021-01-01 22:36:01
yes that's correct unsure if it will work with Samsung SmartThings Hub v3 but have found the Tp-Link SR20 that is compable and i will read up on the samsung hub as my sensors are compatible with that too thank you
Options
2021-01-01 22:57:12
Hey Deano Glad you appear to be getting sorted mate, yeah the SR20 should so the job for you as well and likely pick it up cheap enough now. Good luck and hope you get sorted ok
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 858

Replies: 7

Related Articles