Push notification not working on Tapo C200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-03 21:37:36 - last edited 2021-04-27 08:06:21
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

Hi, everyone!

I'm facing a problem on my Tapo C200. The motion detection does not send push notifications anymore. All other things work fine - sound and light alarm, recording, etc. -, but not notification. When I bought the camera, it used to work fine too. But, sudelly just stopped.

Does anyone know if it could be a network problem? I already changed DNS on my home router, but still not working...

Pls, help me!

Best regards,

Marcela.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Push notification not working on Tapo C200-Solution
2021-03-18 17:23:17 - last edited 2021-04-27 08:06:21

Hi, everyone!

TP-Link support made some fixes on the cloud from their side and asked me to reboot my Tapo camera. After this, it worked perfectly fine!

Best regards,

Marcela.

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:Push notification not working on Tapo C200
2021-02-04 01:51:02

@marcelammelo 

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

May I know the model number and operating system of your smartphone?

How about your Tapo APP version?

Normally, when there is a motion detection trigger, the device will start recording and raise the alarm, and the event will be recorded in the Activity/Message center on the APP, then it will push a notification to your phone.
For troubleshooting, can you check if the motion detection is triggered first?
1. You could enable the alarm in the motion detection settings of the camera, or check the corresponding recording to verify that.
2. Please go to the Activity/Message center on the APP and check if there is a corresponding event as well.

At the same time,

Also, please make sure you have turn on the two notification on-off switches:
1. In the Camera settings-> Detection & Alerts -> Notifications -> turn on the notification and make sure it is always sending.
2. On the APP, please go to ->Me -> Notifications -> Camera Detection Messages ->turn on the switch

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-05 11:01:19

Hey!

May I know the model number and operating system of your smartphone? iPhone XR - iOS 14.4

How about your Tapo APP version? 2.2.38

For troubleshooting, can you check if the motion detection is triggered first?
1. You could enable the alarm in the motion detection settings of the camera, or check the corresponding recording to verify that. Yes, the there are sound, light and recording. Only push notification is not working fine.
2. Please go to the Activity/Message center on the APP and check if there is a corresponding event as well. No, there isn't. The message center is empty since push notification got problem.

At the same time,

1. In the Camera settings-> Detection & Alerts -> Notifications -> turn on the notification and make sure it is always sending. Yes, it's been enable since I bought.
2. On the APP, please go to ->Me -> Notifications -> Camera Detection Messages ->turn on the switch. Yes, it's been enable since I bought.

In order to try, I'm attaching the diagnose log from camera. I'm not able to understanding, but I hope you are.

Thanks!

Marcela.

File:
diagnose_logDownload
Options
2021-02-21 02:45:32

@marcelammelo I'm getting the same issue. Couple of weeks ago my camera suddenly stopped to send notification and it seems to be a common issue

Options
2021-02-23 22:21:10

Hello everyone, 

same thing is happening with Tapo C100 that I bought

Options
2021-02-25 07:50:27

@GuilhermeB 

Hi, May I know the model number and operating system of your smartphone and the APP version?

Were you able to receive the motion detection event under the message?

1. In the Camera settings-> Detection & Alerts -> Notifications -> turn on the notification and make sure it is always sending.
2. On the APP, please go to ->Me -> Notifications -> Camera Detection Messages ->turn on the switch

And We have reported this issue to the engineers already and they are checking this issue now;

Once there is any update, I could update here immediately;

If anyone had the same issue, please post here with the above details as well;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-03-17 03:23:52
Any solution to this ??? Same thing happening with mee. I have 2 devices C200 with sd cards of 128gb used which worked with notifications for 10 days and now all of sudden notifications stopped working for detection. I confirmed Camera alarms motion works but push notifications is no more working. Please advise as this was very helpful now its a security issue coz we are mo more notified.
Options
2021-03-17 21:42:25

@Santosh.uniq 

Hi!

It doesn't work here yet. sad

Options
2021-03-18 07:00:48

@marcelammelo Hi

Sorry for the late reply, please make sure your Tapo app  and Kasa camera firmware are up to date first.

Recently an issue has been fixed recently, and need reboot Camera to take effect. 

Please reboot your tapo camera, and see  APP message center ( envelope icon) got any message or not.

Options
Re:Push notification not working on Tapo C200-Solution
2021-03-18 17:23:17 - last edited 2021-04-27 08:06:21

Hi, everyone!

TP-Link support made some fixes on the cloud from their side and asked me to reboot my Tapo camera. After this, it worked perfectly fine!

Best regards,

Marcela.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-05-24 22:07:41

@TP-Link 

I've had this problem after every firmware update. Usually they work again after multiple reboots.

This time, after installing the 1.0.18 update, the notifications have stopped again and nothing is fixing it.

I've had more than a week of absolute nonsense from your support staff. It's very obvious that you don't have a fix, and they're just wasting my time, hoping you'll come up with one.

I'm tired of rolling the dice, hoping my cameras will still work after your updates. These things are going in the trash where they belong.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 5396

Replies: 11

Related Articles