C310 Detection and activity zones

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C310 Detection and activity zones

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:C310 Detection and activity zones
2021-11-10 15:56:03 - last edited 2021-11-10 15:56:29

Same problem with Tapo C100, firmware up to date according to app.

It appears to completely ignore set activity zones.

Options
2022-01-03 10:58:26 - last edited 2022-01-03 11:01:28

@Solla-topee 

Hi Solla-topee

I've just purchased 2 c310 cameras.  Love them and they're great but unfortunately, I also have the same problem.  I thought it was to do with light bleeding in to the activity zone as a car went by my house at night so, I've tried:

1. The line and area options as alternatives and together
  2. Turning off motion detection altogether and just using line and area
  3. Reducing sensitivity to medium and then low

Sadly no change, keep getting notifications :-(

So I thought i'd wait until the day time to rule out car headlights breaking in to the zones but sadly again, a car going by my house, outside of the activity zones set, still triggers motion detection :-(

I upgraded the firmware as soon as i got them.

I have 2 x C310 cameras

Hardware version 1.0

Fireware version 1.1.12

Any help appreciated

Options
2022-01-05 13:46:54 - last edited 2022-08-16 07:29:24

Hello 

Thank you for proving the case details,  I created a support email with forum ID 259926 for you to confirm some case details, please check your inbox. Thank you.

Hello everyone, if you found  motion detection is triggered outside the Activity zone not aligned with the settings

Kindly note that the change of light will be considered as change in the image and trigger motion detection events. 

Please provide case details below when reply this thread

1. the video clip showing the event  might not align with your settings (use Tapo APP to manually record video of that period)
  2. a photo of motion detection settings (Motion Detection/ Line crossing/ area /  Activity Zone & Sensitivity )
  3. Tapo APP version 

Thank you 

Options
2022-01-05 15:06:20

@JMLT8 

Thanks for you reply.

I will capture, and send requested details however, ahead of me doing so, let me response to your comment "Kindly note that the change of light will be considered as change in the image and trigger motion detection events.".

I thought this may be the case at night time (as it's probably not PIR/true motion detection, just image change) so I waited for day time.  Thus, no car lights were on and it still actiivated motion detection even though, i could see no movement inside the activate zones.  Furthermore, this didn't happen just once, it's happening quite a bit.

I full understand your team will need to see the evidence which i will send ASAP.

Thank you for looking in to this

Options
2022-07-02 14:04:00

@JMLT8 I just got a new camera and I do have the same problem that camera detection zone is not working at all this capturing the whole are. I have updated to the latest firmware and restart the camera but I still have the same

Options
2022-07-09 19:56:18 - last edited 2022-07-09 19:56:58

Hi  @Solla-topee 

I have been experiencing the same with my c310 1.0 firmware 1.1.12. Set motion detection zones but appears to take no notice and records everything. No light issues. Please can you advise

Options
2022-08-13 14:23:11

@Solla-topee 

exact same problem here. Its nothing to do with light sensitivity. Its is literally detects everything regardless of the activity zone. I have a small area set on a babys crib but motion is detected in the whole room

Options
Re:C310 Detection and activity zones-Solution
2022-08-16 07:28:15 - last edited 2022-08-16 07:55:15

@Simoncoates79  @gamaree  @PanosT 

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for the feedback for camera Activity Zone the alerts.  Tapo camera uses pixelation difference to detect the motion, this means the camera's built-in motion sensor will be alert when it captures slight movement as it compares pixel differences in the image. The false alerts can be reduced as much as possible  but may not be 100% avoided.

Here is an FAQ which offers some tips to reduce unwanted detection activities, please give it a try: 

How to reduce motion detections from rain,snow or insects

•  Confirm Tapo camera firmware and Tapo APP are both up to date

•  Adjust Activity Zone and exclude some areas listed below:

Please exclude the area where the activities may be deemed as small movements like trees, bushes, leaves waving in the wind;   light changes like sunset or sunrise, car light of passing vehicles, tree shadow, reflections ; public areas like busy streets, sidewalk etc. 

• Set Camera Sensitivity to Lower level 

• Try Not to point camera to the busy public areas like busy streets, sidewalk etc. 

• Turn on AI Detection (Person Detection) and deactivate other Motion Detection settings if the camera supports AI Detection

Note: so far Person Detection uses full detection zone, Detection Zone is only for Motion Detections

Aside from this, customizing the time of notifications might be an option at that moment you do not want the alerts sent to the phone.

If the issue persists with the above steps, you could share a video clip that trigger the motion, and the video clips will be shared with our team for optimization with this feature. 

Please provide case details and email to < support.forum@tp-link.com> with title'  [ Forum ID 242022] + Model + Description  ' 

1. the video clip showing the event  might not align with your settings (use Tapo APP to manually record video of that period)
  2. photo of motion detection settings including Activity Zone & Sensitivity 
  3. Tapo APP version 
  4. Model of Camera its hardware firmware version

Thank you.

Note: this post will be marked as' Solution' temporarily for users to see the information in full and provide additional feedback, thanks!

Recommended Solution
Options