Can I change Tapo C310 settings to use WiFi after already set us via ethernet?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-28 09:16:44
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

I've set up a Tapo C310 camera by ethernet connection to a Deco P9 WIFi mesh/extender. Is it possible to change the camera settings to use WiFi instead, without resetting the camera and starting again?

During setup, there was the option to choose connection type, and even after choosing ethernet, it still offered the option to add WiFi connection or "not now," implying it could be changed later. I can't find a setting anywhere to change the connection settings.

I'd like to connect the camera to a NAS, which seems like it should be possible (ONVIF), but the camera seems to be "hidden" behind the P9 and does not appear as a connected device on my network (even though the camera works).

Any advice gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I change Tapo C310 settings to use WiFi after already set us via ethernet?
2021-04-30 09:59:53

@MrBloggs Good day, 

Thank you for your detailed post.

If you already add and set up Wi-Fi connection, after you unplug the Ethernet cable, the camera will start to use WiFi automatically.

Tapo app--Camera settings--tap first option and you could see the IP address of your Tapo Camera, on your computer you could ping camera/ NAS if the ping passes or not. 

Please also make sure Deco app &  Deco devices firmware are up to date. 

Options
Re:Can I change Tapo C310 settings to use WiFi after already set us via ethernet?
2021-11-14 14:11:14

@Solla-topee 

Hey! You wrote:

"If you already add and set up Wi-Fi connection, after you unplug the Ethernet cable, the camera will start to use WiFi automatically."

And after that I plug again, it will use the cable automatically?

Thx for your answer!

Bye, laccaa

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5204

Replies: 2

Related Articles