Modem routers that are set up to work with Sky and Now broadband

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Modem routers that are set up to work with Sky and Now broadband

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:Modem routers that are set up to work with Sky and Now broadband
2022-03-01 20:13:07

And again, thanks, now up and running , hope the below screen shot helps others

Options
2022-03-04 08:01:13

@Richard_T123 

yes, i am sure it would.

I will put it on the first page for more visitors.

Options
2022-04-26 10:42:23

Hi, new here and may have posted in the wrong forum so if anyone can help with the Q's in this post I'd be grateful, concerns NowTV and TP software ability

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/546062?page=1

Thanks

Options
2022-06-07 18:58:31

@Richard_T123 

Hi Richard,

I am considering switching from EE to Now (end of contract). I have the same router as you (as far as I can tell, Archer VR2800). Have you had any issues with Now Broadband?

Thanks!

Options
2022-06-09 05:13:57

How to USE??

<a href="https://nzmaorivsireland.com/">Maori vs Ireland Rugby 2022</a>
Options
2022-06-09 11:42:24

@xmc 

Just a FYI for anyone reading my original post - I didn't get enough info from TP CS/Mods in time so I eventually went with disabling wifi on my Now TV router and bought a pair of eero Pro's to handle everything else.

Very happy with the solution.

Options
2022-06-09 16:52:43

@Jules_at_home 

No issues with Now what so ever.

The only thing you should check before you move is that you are not in a copper stop sell area as Now only offer copper based FTTC as opposed to FTTP

It may alos be worthwhile checking the openreach copper stop sell list to see if/when your local exchange will stop people signing up to copper services , as if you are happy with the speeds on FTTC as opposed to Fibre (FTTP) and your exchange is due to go copper stop sell you will need to make a move before this date

Another thing to note, is if you want a call package Now's current offering no longer has inclusive calls , as far as i know these will cost and addtional £8/month plus another £1/month for 1571 answer

Options
2022-09-08 20:39:55 - last edited 2022-09-08 20:43:58

@Richard_T123 thanks a lot for this. Worked flawlessly for me. Thought I'd write my own experience with switching modems/ISP and people may find it useful.

Switched to NOW today from PLUSNET. I was happy with PLUSNET but they couldn't give me a new customer price on contract renewal (been with them 9 years). Anyway...

I bought a VR600 V3 about 2 weeks ago when I was with PLUSNET as the NOW router does not have enough LAN port​​​​s. I connected it up to PLUSNET.

My sync speeds were:

* 34999 with PLUSNET router.

* 39999 48 hrs after connecting the VR600

Think my line was banded.

On the morning of the switch my net was down but the router was connected. Went back into setup and entered my NOW username and password as described above, and it is working. Now synced at 41894. Guessing a DLM Reset has happened during the transfer.

So the point is, I didn't need to connect the NOW router etc when switching ISP, just needed to enter new login details. It might be useful as I didn't need to turn routers on and off, which may have triggered DLM etc. So far, so good

Some speed tests 

Edit: Estimated

29.0-32.3 Mbps

Guaranteed

26.1 Mbps.

So pretty happy with how it's turned out. Sorry for the hijack as I didn't stick strictly to the router topic

Options
2022-09-20 22:04:13

Just wondering if anyone has setup their TP Link to use with ADSL and not fibre? For those with ADSL, should the Sky(Mer)_ADSL option be used instead with PPPoE + username and password as per Richard_T123 screenshot above?

All the threads I've seen so far refer to setup for fibre connections using Sky(Mer)_VDSL but I guess this won't work for ADSL connections?

Options
2022-09-21 18:40:06

Answered my own question, NowTV all working fine on a TP-Link Archer VR400 v1 using the following settings:

Password is install. Apparently, when Sky took over O2 broadband, it was easier to just use a common username and password.

Options
Related Articles