Votes

Tapo P100 Timed Auto-Off Function - fw ver 1.4.5

Votes

Tapo P100 Timed Auto-Off Function - fw ver 1.4.5

28 Reply
Re:Tapo P100 Timed Auto-Off Function - fw ver 1.4.5
2023-01-14 09:55:15 - last edited 2023-03-09 02:03:41

Still hoping this feature will come.  The lack of this feature means I am wasting a lot of energy, and is costing me money.  Please provide it!!

Options
2023-02-21 12:04:30 - last edited 2023-03-09 02:03:41

I really need this feature.  You are missing an entire market.  I need 3 of these for an elderly relatives to stop them leaving appliances on.  
Since TAPO doesn't support I'lll be buying other products

Options
2023-03-06 13:14:40 - last edited 2023-03-09 02:03:41

At the moment I use SONOFF smart plug S26, and there is an option called "inching" in eWeLink - sort of timer to switch-off the plug after period of time (adjustable from 1 to 59 min). This is very handy to use: like scheduled on list of every hour of the day, so i can set working periods with easy by tapping individual hours (of course i spent some time to add 24 timers in the app first):

So pity TP-link plug has no such ability! I need to keep both eWeLink and TAPO apps on my phone to control them...

Options
Re:Tapo P100 Timed Auto-Off Function - fw ver 1.4.5-Solution
2023-03-09 03:02:36 - last edited 2023-10-31 06:22:29

Updated on Oct 31, 2023.

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for sharing feedback on the Auto-Off Timer feature, please check if the following suggestions suit your needs. 

1. Some of the Tapo plugs have supported the Auto-Off Timer feature, and you can go to the plug's Device Settings>Auto-Off Timer page to enable this feature and set Auto-Off the plug after a specific time.

2. For the Tapo plugs that do not support the Auto-Off Timer feature now, you can go to the Tapo app>Smart tab to add an Automation entry to turn off the plug after a specific time once it's turned on.
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices?

For example, to turn off a Tapo plug 30 minutes later once it turns on, you can set the Trigger to turn on the Tapo plug, set the Action to turn off the Tapo plug, set the Delay Action to 30 minutes, and the Effective Time is always.

If you have other requirements, please feel free to leave your comment in this thread and share the detailed scenarios to help us understand how this feature can be helpful to you, this will help with the evaluation, thank you!

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-03-10 05:30:53 - last edited 2023-03-10 05:43:54

@Solla-topee I think countdown timer is rather straightforward feature everybody knows about. This topic mostly about feature number 2 - Timed Auto-Off Function - lack of this function seems bother significant number of users - so, please, TAPO team - add this feature in later updates. Please!

For other topic writers:

this is not so obvious, but please vote for this feature request by clicking on icon at the top of this thread (right now it shows only 2):

Options
2023-03-10 05:56:56 - last edited 2023-03-10 05:59:50

Solla-topee wrote

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for sharing feedback with the Auto Off timer, please check if some suggestions here suit your needs. 

1.  If you want to have a Shortcut button to run a Timer : e.g. by pressing the button in the app,  turn on the plug for a certain amount of time and turn if OFF .This is supported in the Tapo App with Shortcut feature. 

• Tapo APP> Smart >Add a new Shortcut >

Plug 

'On Duration' = turn on and device then turn off the device after a certain amount of time 

2. If you want to  every time turning on the plug, the plug will be turned off after a certain amount of time

This is not supported so far and you can leave the comment below in the thread and share the detailed scenarios to help us understand how would this feature can be helpful to you, this will help with the evaluation, thank you!

I have several elderly relatives, all have trouble with touch screens and smart phones, they all have a tendancy to turn things on and forget 

they all still use wall phones.

use cases:

They turn the plug on, then it turns off after an hour because they never use the frypan that long.

One of them has an oil diffuser that should not be run for more than an hour, so it needs to turn itself off.

One of them has a mobility scooter the battery charge takes 2 hours, so the smart plug means it does no get overcharged.

none of them can operate the smart phone to use the timer.

pushing the plug to start the timer manages all these problems and leaves the with independence and some assurance that it won't run dry

I want it for various chargers etc that I use for RC and electronics, I don't want to spend 20 minutes looking in a app to set a timer when I can just push a button  

Options
RE:Tapo P100 Timed Auto-Off Function - fw ver 1.4.5
2023-03-10 05:57:43
Needed see use cases
Options
2023-03-20 14:57:21
We need this feature, use case is for hair straighteners to make sure if they are left on it's a max of an hour or whatever time is chosen.
Options
2023-07-02 20:41:45

@Kdmunro Use case: I switched on the bathroom lights (S210) but forgot to switch them off. The built-in timer turns them off after 2 hours.

Options
2023-07-03 00:07:34

@Solla-topee as you can see a number iof use cases have presented, is there any update on when the functionailyt might be out back ?

Options

Voters 7

+ 3 Voters