HS100 Smart switches slow to respond...or not at all after WiFi router upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS100 Smart switches slow to respond...or not at all after WiFi router upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:HS100 Smart switches slow to respond...or not at all after WiFi router upgrade
2021-08-17 22:31:56

@Simple_Engineer 

Hi. I'm happy that it worked for you. Unfortunately I don't think it would help me because my QoS is disabled since I own my mesh system. Thank you very much for trying to resolve the mystery of my issue with TP Link smart plugs. 

Have a great day mate! 😀 

Options
Re:HS100 Smart switches slow to respond...or not at all after WiFi router upgrade
2021-08-17 22:53:13

@Ewkie 

BTW

On 26th last month "Asus UK Support Team" replied to my question. Of course I asked about ZenWiFi AX (XT8) but in email they used example of RT-AX88U. When I saw asking me to disable WiFi 6 I stopped reading rest of it as following their "logical" path I could keep using old router and saving myself £400. My smartphones use WiFi 6 and I wish to use full potential of router as I paid for this feature. For those who wish to check this "fantastic" advice from Asus support below I attached screenshot.

Options
2021-08-17 23:24:21

@Ewkie 

FWIW. I was also advised by TP-Link Support to disable QOS and WiFi 6. Can tell you (at least in my case), neither fixed the problem. As stated earlier, I sold off the TP-Link switches and bulbs and converted my whole system across to Arlec Grid Connect products. All works brilliantly straight out of the box without needing to disable functionality of any part of the router. 

Options
2021-08-17 23:28:48
Sorry, tried that but didn't help. Solution was to dispose of these devices and replace them with a different brand. That worked brilliantly! Thanks anyway.
Options
2021-12-16 08:31:38

@Simple_Engineer this has worked for me turning off QOS, why is this? Does that mine I can no longer prioritise my Gaming consoles now?

Options
2021-12-16 08:36:29

@Mapoo 

Turning off QOS didn't work for me which is why I disposed of the TP-Link and went with Grid Connect. They work beautifully and are cheaper ....and yes, you can't prioritise anything with QOS off.

Options
Re:HS100 Smart switches slow to respond...or not at all after WiFi router upgrade-Solution
2022-01-11 01:30:10 - last edited 2022-01-19 20:57:42

@Pedro109 I have an new XT8 Zen Router and was experiencing the same issues with slow and intermittent kasa switches.  I found a solution on another forum that worked for me and kind of makes sense.

Post in thread 'XT8 constant disconnects' http://www.snbforums.com/threads/xt8-constant-disconnects.74905/post-715513

Under wireless network, for my 2.4ghz, in professional tab set:

Beacon interval: 1000

DTIM interval: 1

Save and reboot.

My beacon internal was set to 100 by default.

This was on top of setting my channel bandwidth to 20MHz and binding my smart plugs to a specific node.  So you might try these additionally.

UPDATE 1,  2022/01/19:

Turns out changing the beacon interval was not a long term fix.  After a little while the issue came back and I continued to have long delays using google assistant.  What has worked for the past couple of days, fingers crossed, was detailed in the following post from sowen.  Additonal updates to the proffessional settings and some of the general settings.  Many on that forum have said that reverting an earlier firmare version of their Asus Zen XT8 worked.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/interrupted-connections-on-zenwifi-ax-xt8.73210/post-726948

Recommended Solution
Options