Re:[Troubleshooting] Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time
2022-03-10 11:51:34

@MichelleEsmedia 

Thank you

Options
Re:[Troubleshooting] Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time
2022-10-21 12:38:52

one more finding for you

In some cases ISP provides incorrect NTP server IP via DHCP (it doesn't block NTP requests, but provides incorrect servers for sync).

for Mikrotik routers - check your NTP Client status - if it's "started" - then just set primaty-ntp (and secondary-ntp). there are a lot of examples of IPs (e.g. - 17.253.52.125 or 185.41.243.30 ... etc). result will be - status of NTP becomes "syncronized".

next steps could be:

1) install NTP server on Mikrotik and enable Multicast and Manycast; then add : chain=dstnat action=redirect protocol=udp in-interface-list=LAN dst-port=123 log=no

or

2) (works with some Tapo cameras) - update your DHCP Server [Networks] with correct NTP Server (from the list above)

Options
Re:Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time
2023-02-17 15:36:08 - last edited 2023-02-17 15:37:22

Same Sh** here w/ multiple C320 and C310 Outdoor cameras

Received alerts and it`s always the actual date/time displayed

No possibility to change anything because traveling abroad

Options
2023-04-04 08:48:29 - last edited 2023-04-04 08:48:41

To manually set the time:

• Install the ONVIF Device Manager
  • In the Tapo app, go to Advanced Settings, Camera account, choose a username and password.
  • In the Tapo app, go to Camera settings, click on the camera image at the top and take note of the IP address.
  • In the ONVIF Device Manager, fill in your username and password in the top left fields.
  • Manually add a new camera, replacing the IP address with the one your Tapo camera. Also make sure you add :2020 to the IP address (which is the ONVIF port number).
  • The ONVIF Device Manager will now connect to your camera and you can use the Time Settings to manually set the time.
Options
2023-04-04 08:59:09 - last edited 2023-04-04 08:59:29

Sam547 wrote

To manually set the time:

• Install the ONVIF Device Manager
  • In the Tapo app, go to Advanced Settings, Camera account, choose a username and password.
  • In the Tapo app, go to Camera settings, click on the camera image at the top and take note of the IP address.
  • In the ONVIF Device Manager, fill in your username and password in the top left fields.
  • Manually add a new camera, replacing the IP address with the one your Tapo camera. Also make sure you add :2020 to the IP address (which is the ONVIF port number).
  • The ONVIF Device Manager will now connect to your camera and you can use the Time Settings to manually set the time.

@Sam547 Thanks but i switched to Foscam

Options
2023-05-14 18:34:31

@Solla-topee I don't have my C200 connected to a PC, I use the Tapo app on my iPhone.

The options for time zone are hard to understand & only provide a few for Canada.

The US ones I've tried still displayed the wrong time.
Any help for getting it to display MST for Alberta Canada would be immensely appreciated. Thanks in advance 

Options
2023-05-16 12:43:22

@Sherrifortier 

Hi,
On the Tapo app, please find the camera displayed at the wrong time, click on it and you will see the Live View page of the camera, tap the  icon at the top right corner to enter the Camera Settings page, and you will see the Time Zone option, click on it and you can select the time zone for your camera manually.
Best Regards

Options
2023-06-22 18:10:58

Be sure that camera firmware and Tapo APP version are up-to-date; Set camera on correct Time Zone (Tapo app > tap the "wheel" icon on the Live View page > Camera Settings > Time zone); Turn off NVR or third-party software and Reboot the camera (Some Onvif software may affect the time of the camera);

Options
2023-09-18 03:09:19

FWIW, I was having time sync issues with my Tapo C325WB.

I ended up talking to an engineer who pushed a custom firmware update to my camera that resolved the problem. He said that the fix will be pushed publicly "soon".

Options
2023-10-14 05:42:11

@Solla-topee 4 kamerea tidak dapat diubah zona waktunya terus klaim garansi toko todak bisa

Options
Related Articles