Tapo L530E Stuck at PAIRING YOUR TAPO DEVICE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo L530E Stuck at PAIRING YOUR TAPO DEVICE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
21 Reply
Re:Tapo L530E Stuck at PAIRING YOUR TAPO DEVICE
2021-12-10 03:28:58 - last edited 2021-12-10 03:29:34

Hello @CapoteSPS 

Excellent finding, thank you!  May I know the model of your router, was there any special characters in that password ? If possible can I know what Wi-Fi password you used, you may share via private message, and we will try to have a test.  By the way, bulb was finally set up in RedmiNote 9 Pro phone right, what is the phone OS version.

Options
2022-02-03 12:48:33

@PinkSpider 

I'm having the same problem. I own a Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus and I have even tried a different cell phone (a Huawei) but pairing the lamp bulb is still impossible.

I've also contacted customer support by phone and changed the channel and bandwidth of my modem Nokia, but nothing has happened.

I'm afraid I will be forced to send the light bulbs back since no solution is in sight.

Options
2022-02-03 12:53:24
I'm having the same problem. I own a Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus and I have even tried a different cell phone (a Huawei) but pairing the lamp bulb is still impossible. I've also contacted customer support by phone and changed the channel and bandwidth of my modem Nokia, but nothing has happened. I'm afraid I will be forced to send the light bulbs back since no solution is in sight.
Options
2022-02-04 11:56:49

@PinkSpider Same problem - I think. The bulb worked fine for a month. I did a hard reset (five times on and off) and played around with my phone. It continued not working for a few days and then I reset it again and it worked. Then it stopped again. 

It's stuck at the point where the system settings say "connected, no internet." Is this the same as pairing? 

My phone is a redmi note 8. 

Options
2022-03-30 02:32:26

Hello  @whatever11 

Just added some explaination here. 'Connected, no Internet' if you mean Tapo XX smart SSID has no internet, that's a common.

That Tapo XX smart  SSID is for  tapo app find smart device when phone connected to Tapo smart wifi. 

You may start a new thread if  bulb becomes offline randomly, confirm tape devices got strong wifi signal strength, here is FAQ to check RSSI or wifi signal strength which also applies to bulb: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3261/

Options
2022-04-02 13:32:46

Hmm, I think the pairing of this light bulb has something to do with Xiaomi Devices. I also got a Xiaomi Mi Note 10 and I cannot pair my light bulb as it keeps asking me to connect to WiFi and my WiFi is perfectly fine. I already tried switching between the bulb connection and my wifi, I removed it from the app and attempted adding it again, I restarted my phone and followed all the simple troubleshooting steps in the Tapo APP.

I forgot my 5ghz connection on my phone just to make sure the phone won't try to connect to it, as far as I know, the lightbulbs only work with 2,4 GHz connection.

I could pair the light bulb a while ago when the smart connect was also enabled on my tp-link admin page settings, however, I had some struggles back then too. Now I disabled my smart connect because my laptop kept connecting to 2.4 GHz when the 5 GHz connection was perfectly available, so I forced my laptop to connect to 5ghz and I am not returning to smart connect.

I also have a TP-link smart plug that pairs from the first try with no problems.

I have a TP-Link Archer C6, and a Xiaomi Mi Note 10. Why won't you guys investigate this issue and provide us with an actual fix? This issue has been ongoing for years now.

If you would like further details, please ask for them.

Options
2022-04-13 21:50:30 - last edited 2022-04-13 21:51:33

@PinkSpider i had the same problem and found out that as i had paired one lightbulb before, when i paired the second, my phone auto filled the password of the network in and added a space to the end of it which then failed the pairing. small thing i didnt notice till i retyped the password manually.

Options
2022-07-15 19:46:49 - last edited 2022-07-15 19:47:33

RaduX wrote

Hmm, I think the pairing of this light bulb has something to do with Xiaomi Devices. I also got a Xiaomi Mi Note 10 and I cannot pair my light bulb as it keeps asking me to connect to WiFi and my WiFi is perfectly fine. I already tried switching between the bulb connection and my wifi, I removed it from the app and attempted adding it again, I restarted my phone and followed all the simple troubleshooting steps in the Tapo APP.

I forgot my 5ghz connection on my phone just to make sure the phone won't try to connect to it, as far as I know, the lightbulbs only work with 2,4 GHz connection.

I could pair the light bulb a while ago when the smart connect was also enabled on my tp-link admin page settings, however, I had some struggles back then too. Now I disabled my smart connect because my laptop kept connecting to 2.4 GHz when the 5 GHz connection was perfectly available, so I forced my laptop to connect to 5ghz and I am not returning to smart connect.

I also have a TP-link smart plug that pairs from the first try with no problems.

I have a TP-Link Archer C6, and a Xiaomi Mi Note 10. Why won't you guys investigate this issue and provide us with an actual fix? This issue has been ongoing for years now.

If you would like further details, please ask for them.

@RaduX 

I have a xiamomi poco and an archer router also, fortunately I have 2 routers here but bulb will not pair on either. Will end up in the bin shortley. 

Options
2022-08-12 21:22:51

Same here, L530E 2.0 + Netgear WNDRMACv2, won't pair using a Lenovo K13 (Moto e7i Power). Paired just fine using an ancient Qualcomm 210-based Acer Z330. Also, with Acer, I didn't have to connect to the bulb manually - it did everything on its own. I've updated the bulb to the latest 1.0.9 Build 220526 Rel.203202 version, but I'm not in the mood to disconnect it and try whether it will pair now using the Lenovo.

Options
2022-09-21 21:35:58

I'm having the same issue here. But it seems I'm the only one without a Chinese mobile. I've got a Sony Xperia Compact XZ2. No matter what I do I can't pair the bulb.... >(

Options