L510E will not reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

L510E will not reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
L510E will not reset
L510E will not reset
2021-12-13 20:05:21
Model: Tapo L510E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

One of my Tapo 510E bulbs recently became unresponsive. It appears to be at 50% dimmed or there abouts. I've tried disconnecting it. I've tried resetting it by turning it on and off three times. It just doesn't budge. 

It would appear I'm stuck with an expensive 20watt bulb at the moment. Any advice?

Options
6 Reply
Re:L510E will not reset
2021-12-14 01:10:36 - last edited 2021-12-14 01:11:07

Hello @Disco181 

Note when factory reset the bulb, please switch off-on slowly, with around 1 sec interval. 

Please refer to this FAQ/ Video here to reset tapo bulb 

Reset Video: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tapo-l510e/

How to reset the Tapo smart bulb

Hope this helps!

Options
2021-12-14 11:55:55

@Solla-topee no. Turning it on and off 5 times didn't make a difference. Any more suggestions? 

Solla-topee wrote

Hello @Disco181 

Note when factory reset the bulb, please switch off-on slowly, with around 1 sec interval. 

Please refer to this FAQ/ Video here to reset tapo bulb 

Reset Video: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tapo-l510e/

How to reset the Tapo smart bulb

Hope this helps!

Options
2021-12-15 02:25:09 - last edited 2021-12-15 02:25:47

Hello @Disco181 

If bulb does not flash 3 times after a factory reset , you could try

1. Try a different light fixture and try factory reset  (turn off- on Smart Bulb 5 times Slowly, not too quick, the time duration is around 1s.)

2. Manually unscrew bulb from lamp and screw it back on 5 times

If still bulb still won't reset, you may contact retailer or local support to check warranty with the product SN proof of purchase and troubleshoot steps you've tried. 

Thank you for your time with troubleshooting. 

Options
2021-12-15 08:24:36

@Solla-topee thanks for your help. It's still not working. I purchased the bulb from Amazon and I cannot see how to request a replacement under warranty from them. Can you point me in the right direction?

Solla-topee wrote

Hello @Disco181 

If bulb does not flash 3 times after a factory reset , you could try

1. Try a different light fixture and try factory reset  (turn off- on Smart Bulb 5 times Slowly, not too quick, the time duration is around 1s.)

2. Manually unscrew bulb from lamp and screw it back on 5 times

If still bulb still won't reset, you may contact retailer or local support to check warranty with the product SN proof of purchase and troubleshoot steps you've tried. 

Thank you for your time with troubleshooting. 

Options
2021-12-15 08:43:40
It would appear that I need to register the bulb with the TPLink website and create a return through there. However, the website asks for the bulb's serial number which is not present on the bulb. I no longer have the original packaging so have no way of ascertaining what it is. Please advise.
Options
2021-12-15 08:43:43
It would appear that I need to register the bulb with the TPLink website and create a return through there. However, the website asks for the bulb's serial number which is not present on the bulb. I no longer have the original packaging so have no way of ascertaining what it is. Please advise.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 619

Replies: 6