SmartThings Hardware Compatibility Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-29 10:15:53
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

SmartThings automation actions will work in Kasa with V2 hardware (Firmware 1.5.10) but not V4.1 hardware (Firmware 1.1.0). I have multiple switches of both HW versions. Firmwares all show as being up to date despite being different between hardwares and there is also some variation within the same hardware version. The SmartThings automations I have relay Kasa smart actions between two separate switches. But whereas a V2 switched by Kasa will switch a V4 via the automation it will not work the other way round. In the SmartThings app they all cross link correctly.

Options
4 Reply
Re:SmartThings Hardware Compatibility Issue
2021-12-30 01:27:10

Hello  @AZZme 

Thank you for your feedback, to investigate further:

- may I have some photos of the SmartThings automation settings/   Smart action settings on Kasa app

- how did you find out SmartThings automation or  does not work on HS100 V4. 1 (Firmware 1.1.0) .e.g set up if something happen then...

- Can you control HS100 on the Kasa app remotely when using LTE or mobile data right now.

By the way, do you install the ' Home assistant 'related firmware for HS100 V4 now, please share the Mac address of the problematic plug by private message, thank you

Many thanks. 

Options
2021-12-30 11:33:12

@Solla-topee 

I don't use Home Assistant. DM'd you the MAC addresses.

Thanks

Options
2021-12-30 13:25:10 - last edited 2021-12-30 13:43:15

Hey @AZZme 

Many thanks for the photos!  Can you help explain the relays  ' The SmartThings automations I have relay Kasa smart actions between two separate switches.' Or what do you want to achieve on that Automation. 

-  what Kasa smart actions are set, the purpose: 
- what Automations are set up Smart things, and the purpose:
- which rule does not work properly:

That would be very helpful to understand the concern, thank you. 

Options
2021-12-31 13:14:05

@Solla-topee 

Thank you. I have 3 Kasa cameras and two sets of lights powered from HS100 switches. The aim of the Smart Actions is to trigger bother sets of lights from the switches when the cameras detect movement. But due to the limit of only 3 Smart Actions in Kasa it is not possible to control both sets of lights. The aim of the Smart Things automation is to trigger one set of lights from the other, either from a camera detection or manually through Kasa, and also irrespective of which set has been triggered. Currently Smart Things will only operate another switch if the automation has been triggered from a V2 hardware switch. 

I also want to add other automations at some point but I'm limited by having only two V2 HS100 switches.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 492

Replies: 4

Related Articles