Can't Connect EC70 Camera - Says "Something Went Wrong" when naming device.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-19 19:58:07
Model: EC70  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Trying to connect my EC70 Camera to my network. I have other Kasa smart plugs that work fine. All other devices on my wifi are connected successfully, including my phone. I have an Xfinity XB7 router/modem combo. I can see the Camera connected to my wifi in my router admin panel as well.

When i attempt to go through the camera setup wizard in the Kasa app on my phone, everything seems to go smoothly until i get to the screen to "Name the Device". After entering a name, it shows a loading icon over the Next button for a few seconds and then just says "Something went wrong" and keeps me on the name entry screen. There's no way to go back or forward from this point. The camera light blinks green on and off from this point on, if i go back into the Kasa app no camera is listed as being connected. I am able to reset the camera by holding the reset button to make it return to blinking orange/green and then start the setup again, but it just does the same thing at the name screen every time.

Let me know if anyone else has had this issue or how to solve this. No VPN is being used on my network.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't Connect EC70 Camera - Says "Something Went Wrong" when naming device.
2022-04-20 01:12:00 - last edited 2022-04-20 01:15:07

Hello  @Erik12354 

Thank you for your detailed post, if kasa camera Flashing Green at the end of set up process or  gets an IP address from router but set up failed at last,

Please some tips in Case5,

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa Cam?

1) try changing router DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4

2) check router / modem Firewall settings

Also confirm kasa APP is up-to-date

You could also try a different phone if you have one. 

To help isolate the issue, you may connect the camera to a mobile hotspot Wi-Fi, update firmware . Then reset camera and connect back to the router's Wi-Fi network. 

May I know Model of phone and its Android or IOS version?May I have a photo showing camera is on router client list,  can I have a photo of error on the app, thank you. 

Options