Votes

Smart Actions c210 tapo

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Smart Actions c210 tapo

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Smart Actions c210 tapo
Smart Actions c210 tapo
2022-06-05 17:36:34 - last edited 2022-08-09 11:11:36
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.18 build 220216

Hi I'd like to use smart actions on tapo camera. It seems c210 is not supported yet

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Smart Actions c210 tapo-Solution
2022-08-09 11:11:31 - last edited 2022-10-25 08:40:24

22/10 Update

Tapo C210 V1 1.3.0 new firmware is now rolled out and support Smart Action feature , learn more from here

Tapo Camera Smart Action: Motion-Triggered Automation & Privacy Mode Shortcut 

Note: this firmware is gradually pushed to Tapo users, not all in once, if you did not get this firmware yet, please wait until the firmware is pushed to your account. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for being interested in with Tapo Smart Action feature.

Tapo Camera Smart Action 1. Motion Triggered Smart Action  2.  Privacy Mode Shortcut have been implemented

Visit thread below to learn about the new feature release: 

This has been one of the most popular feature requests for tapo device, and user request the same could vote for this feature to the corresponding thread directly on  Feature Request board, this will help us organize your feedback and share with our team for evaluation regularly. Appreciated for your understanding.

Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
Re:Smart Actions c210 tapo
2022-06-06 03:14:52

@Ale77 

Thank you for staring a new feature request, can I know how would you like to use Smart action with Tapo C210 cameras

This feature has been one of the  most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo, you could leave the model & scenario in corresponding popular thread, that helps us orignize the feedback and share them with our team for evaluation. Thank you. 

Options
2022-07-26 13:30:26

@Solla-topee 

on your tapo box said it can work together with hey google and also it can do automation... but until now still cant add it into my smart devices automation scenario..

Options
2022-07-27 01:29:40

@Ale77 

+1 for this.

I bought it because It says it's a smart camera, but right now we can't automate anything with it. On the box it shows that it supports Google assistant and Alexa smart home integration but it can't do anything except show camera feed if I have assistant displays, which I don't.

Very disappointed with the misleading ad.

Basic Smart integration for me means:

1. Alexa/Google should be able to receive movement detection from the camera to perform actions/routines.

2. Be able to control camera functionally from Alexa/Google like turning on/off privacy mode etc, so when Alexa performs my "leaving home" routine camera will engage and disable privacy mode and the opposite when I'm coming home.

Those are basic and should be implemented asap, otherwise this product is very misleading with stating that it has home integration.

Options
2022-07-27 02:34:07

Hello   @Plazmex 

Thank you for feedback with Tapo camera smart action, as you noticed Google and Alexa can only cast camera live feed through Alexa or Google smart displays.

How to control Tapo camera by Google Home with voice commands

How to control Tapo camera by Amazon Alexa with voice commands

For now,we did not hear a plan in like Alexa or Google yet, but there is to add more Tapo cameras models to support automations & shortcuts features in Tapo APP like mentioned in this thread: Tapo Camera Smart Action: Motion-Sensing Automation Comes With Tapo C310 1.3.0 Release

Options
2022-07-27 08:03:56

@Solla-topee 

So basically what you're saying is that we bought a Beta product with half baked software.

Now you say to have a fully featured product I have to wait undefined and see if and when you implement some smart functionally to my dumb c210 camera that was supposed to be smart.

This isn't a good company strategy.

Unfortunately I need those features now and not In 5 years, so I'm returning your beta product and going with a better solution.

Options
Re:Smart Actions c210 tapo-Solution
2022-08-09 11:11:31 - last edited 2022-10-25 08:40:24

22/10 Update

Tapo C210 V1 1.3.0 new firmware is now rolled out and support Smart Action feature , learn more from here

Note: this firmware is gradually pushed to Tapo users, not all in once, if you did not get this firmware yet, please wait until the firmware is pushed to your account. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, 

Tapo Camera Smart Action 1. Motion Triggered Smart Action  2.  Privacy Mode Shortcut have been implemented

Visit thread below to learn about the new feature release: 

This has been one of the most popular feature requests for tapo device, and user request the same could vote for this feature to the corresponding thread directly on  Feature Request board, this will help us organize your feedback and share with our team for evaluation regularly. Appreciated for your understanding.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-09 12:51:29

@Solla-topee 

What about c210? When will it have smart features? C200 already has them, then why c210 doesn't? This is basically the same camera, the only difference is the resolution.......

Options
2022-08-11 02:30:28

@PlazmexI was checking with our team while so far support side does not have  an ETA for other models yet,  we will update on the above  Tapo Camera Smart Action thread when any new model adds this feature,  you may subscribe  the new thread for the updated information. Appreciate for your understanding.

Options
2022-09-08 05:13:32
After so many months the same problem remain the same…c200 lower end model can do automation but c210 can not even add into the post. What the hell is going on????
Options
2022-09-25 16:44:03

@Solla-topee 

It is must feature of camera software especially in today's world where everything is going to be smart. 

It's very bad on part of TP Link company to not having this feature for other cameras like tapo c200 and c 210. 

Please provide Smart Automation Function as soon as possible so that trigger and action can work.

Solla-topee wrote

Hello everyone, 

Tapo Camera Smart Action 1. Motion Triggered Smart Action  2.  Privacy Mode Shortcut have been implemented on the first camera model Tapo C310 V1 1.3.0 and brings us 2  brand-new features  ,visit thread below to learn about the new feature release: 

Note: this feature has been implemented on certain camera models, there will be more Tapo cameras support this feature as well, so far the estimated date is not confirmed yet. Please keep an eye on the firmware update or the above thread for the latest information with Tapo camera smart action.

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 1034

Replies: 12

Voters 4