Votes

Tapo App Widgets??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Tapo App Widgets??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
59 Reply
RE:Tapo App Widgets??
2022-12-01 14:42:06
Please add widgets for Android. This should be very basic function for smart home control. Thank you very much!
Options
2022-12-01 14:42:34
Please add widgets for Android. Thank you very much!
Options
2022-12-10 13:23:33
Definitely need this feature.
Options
2022-12-18 12:17:11
Please bring widgets for Android quick. App and devices are very good, but no widgets for Android is a missing link.....
Options
Re:Tapo App Widgets??
2022-12-20 09:47:35

Solla-topee wrote

"Hello everyone, 

Thank you for the feedback with Tapo Widget . The widget is now available in the IOS devices, but not Android yet. 

We'd record your feedback for further evaluation, if anyone else also requests the same feature, feel free to leave your comment and vote for this feature!"

@Solla-topee 

Unbelievable! TP-LINK added support it for IOS devices yet they won't do it unless Android users specifically request that feature? 

It's a massive gap that just made me search for a better alternatives than TP-LINK for my smart home setup. 

Options
2022-12-26 05:35:53
Please add android widgets for switch on and off
Options
2022-12-29 17:52:26

@Solla-topee hello can you please tell when this feature was added to the tapo app for the iphone. or where i can see all the change logs for the app for both IOS and Andriod?
is there a timeframe of when this be released for Andriod? 
does tp link have a some sort of exclusive deal with Apple? 

Options
2023-01-05 08:08:25
Need feature
Options
2023-01-11 23:19:55

@Solla-topee I'm struggling to see the logic here.  Kasa had widgets on Android. TP-Link have made widgets for IOS. Why would users not want widgets for Android?  TP-Link shouldn't need feedback from users on this issue.  The code must be available from Kasa - just do it please!  IFTTT is not a suitable workaround.

Please can you let us know when to expect the widget?  I'm hoping you are going to say, "only kidding! of course we have an Android widget in development. Should be launched any day now"

Options
2023-01-23 11:49:19
Would have bought different brand if I had known there were no widgets. I have Kasa but went for Tapo this time. Didn't realise this was not an option for Android users. I would expect this to be a standard feature.
Options

Voters 60

+ 56 Voters