Kasa APP 3.0

Kasa APP 3.0

24 Reply
Re:Kasa APP 3.0
2022-10-06 22:52:32

@GreyGeezer 

Kasa tech support confirmed local control not an option any longer. A cloud account is necessary to operate devices I purchased for use in my own home. What a sham.  I now own two devices that have been rendered useless. If they were a stand up company, I would receive a full refund. We all know how that will turn out. 

Options
2022-10-09 03:26:00 - last edited 2022-10-11 07:36:36

@GreyGeezer 

The new Kasa APP 3.0 still has the option to control your device locally even there is an internet outage. 

We appreciate your feedback in regard to the TP-Link ID, indeed previously a few models of Kasa plugs can be controlled without TP-Link ID, as we recently learned this will be phased out to guarantee your device security. TP-Link ID is now required to log in the Kasa app and manage your kasa devices, and the device will receive the most recent firmware and security updates. 

If you wish to control device local only not to the cloud,  you may consider the workaround like blocking  internet access for the smart devices by setting up some access rules in the router or create a different Wi-Fi SSID that has no internet connection, for example, if you have an old AP, connect the kasa devices to the SSID of the AP then disconnect the Internet connection for that AP. 

If you still have concern in the account or prefer to get a refund,  we encourage you to contact the retailer first or reach our support team via support email TKID221006458 directly so that they can help take a look into your concerns further for your personal situation.

Options
Re:Kasa APP 3.0-Solution
2022-10-11 09:08:47 - last edited 2022-11-08 03:38:47

Hello everyone, 

10/11 The OP has updated the URL to the Android Kasa 3.0.3 Beta APP.

Feel free to leave your feedback about this new version ~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Share Your Feedback 

If you'd to provide feedback with the new APP,   kindly Start a new Thread or leave your comment below.

Please provide some information here for us to look it further:

1) the current  Kasa APP version  (confirm your Kasa APP is up-to-date in the APP store or Google Play)

2) the photos of the settings and error message, if possible, please provide a video shared link of the phenomena 

3)  model of your mobile device and its Andriod or IOS version 

For Android users, if you would like to report an issue with the app,  please help collect the app log and share the log file with us

Here are the steps to collect the log:

1. Open the app and try to reproduce the problem.

2. After the problem is reproduced, click About, and hold the Kesa  icon for about 5 seconds, the log will be imported to the mobile phone directory-TPLINK folder.

3. Open the mobile phone file manager to find the folder, and send all the files in the folder to us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixes and Topics

Please Start a new Thread to report an issue or share your feedback.  

More Articles: 

New Kasa Application Launching

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-10-12 02:55:32

The Google Play release of 3.0 has utterly horrible discovery times for devices that never existed prior - it takes upwards of 10-12 seconds of sit-and-spin before power controls become available. Somehow this has been fixed in between that release and the 3.0.3 beta in this thread. TP-Link - please explain what exactly was done to fix this and how it got cocked up in the first place. You have some highly technical people (developers, sysadmins, etc.) in your userbase, myself included, and we would appreciate a proper explanation.

Some timeline on when you'll be releasing the fixed version to Google Play, and answers as to what you'll be doing to prevent these kind of issues from recurring in the future (after many years of seemingly unchanged proper functionality before this).

Options
2022-10-12 06:12:38 - last edited 2022-10-12 06:13:19

Hello @YoureUninvited 

Really appreciated that you shared the experience with the Android 3.0.3 beta in the first time, as learned the APP will be on rolled out soon after the app is approved to work correctly from our customers,  please kindly keep an eye for the app update information in the Google play. You will found the app release note when the app officially comes out.

The Kasa app V3 contains some major updates which make the app more helpful in the long run, I believe with more patch-versions, the app will become more useful and stable and for our users. 

Options
2022-10-12 21:04:34

@Solla-topee can you make the previous version available?  This new 3 - even if it becomes function, looks bloated.

It lacks function for minimal 30seconds.  Claims my network is unstable.  Has way too much gobblitygoock than I care to sort through.  Previously the Kasa app was intutive and ...worked.  I have on old device I'm not allowing to upgrade, I'd like to have access from other devices, but this new thing seems to focus on appearance over function.

Options
2022-10-13 01:33:19 - last edited 2022-10-13 05:41:12

Hello   @djk 

May I know do you use the OS of your mobile device, recently Kasa APP 3.0.3 will come out soon, you could check if the new app will work for you. 

In the case of an old network device not allowing upgrading or working better in the previous version.

For the Android, you should be able to download the previous version Andriod Kasa APP from some third party websites like the apk mirror. 

For the IOS, there does not seem to be an easy way to revert to the previous version, you may consult the IOS support and see if they have any suggestions. 

The app will get better with the more revised versions coming out,  I still recommend trying out the new version Kasa app for better performance in the long term. 

Options
2022-10-13 09:07:16

@Solla-topee Mis-understandind,  I am what won't allow devices to "upgrade".  

It is likely there is a possibility it may, eventually, improve... right now I really need a functional, intuitive app.  Given the overwhelming number of users struggling, I'd like the option of version 2.x available! 

Someday, maybe all the bloat might work - but they're my devices and I want control now.

Options
2022-11-06 11:29:52

@Solla-topee New app on IOS is horrible.  Open app and it just sits there for a minute.  Takes 2-3 minutes for my numerous Kasa switches to show up and be functional.  Had no problems with the previous app version.  Fix this now.  I have tried deleting the app, reinstalling the app, clearing cache etc.  Still app is slow to load, crashes, takes for ever for all my switches and plugs to come up etc.....

Options
2022-11-06 12:22:53

@Solla-topee 

The good-app, old-app, functioning-app would work over the local network aka LAN.

While updating my router, not connecting to the inthernet... I've discovered this "new" app won't work without connecting via the internet -bad idea!

This likely explains the lag and delay for it to become functional.  What if inteternet access isn't always fully available?  True, it's likely a minority of users... but what's up with that?

Still never told us how we can go back to the working v2

Options