Tapo Plug Energy Monitoring 2.0 Update

Tapo Plug Energy Monitoring 2.0 Update

63 Reply
Re:Tapo Plug Energy Monitoring 2.0 Update
2022-11-11 10:52:25

@AndrzejH @Solla-topee 

Yesterday my Android Tapo App updated to Version 2.11.23

It appears that none of the energy monitoring problems have been fixed.

The ability to export (some) data has been added though!

If this is truly data exported from the P110 plug, then it suggests that this is as problem with the data rather than the app.

Additionally as well a no or incorrect data being passed to the app, it appears also that there is also problems around daylight saving time as prior to DST the export is timed as  00:00:00 but after DST it is 23:00:00 so there is a possibility that the last hour of the day is being missed out or carried over in the calculations

This firmware/app combination is currently not fit for purpose.

@Solla-topee, is it possible for an update as to what is happening to correct this?

Options
2022-11-11 11:35:51

@QuestionReality 

Hi,

I ran the beta version 2.11.6 last week and sent some feedback to the support team on Friday 4th November.  This is the reply I received which might be of interest...

Dear Customer

Thank you very much for contacting TP-Link Email support.

We have located the problem and urgently repaired it.Please wait some days,we will pulish a new version of firmware to solve the problem.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Best Regards!

Cheers

Options
2022-11-11 11:52:21

SteveTheBee wrote

@QuestionReality 

Hi,

I ran the beta version 2.11.6 last week and sent some feedback to the support team on Friday 4th November.  This is the reply I received which might be of interest...

Dear Customer

Thank you very much for contacting TP-Link Email support.

We have located the problem and urgently repaired it.Please wait some days,we will publish a new version of firmware to solve the problem.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Best Regards!

Cheers

@SteveTheBee 

Many thanks for the update.

Options
2022-11-12 10:45:52 - last edited 2022-11-12 10:46:10

Calendar view still shows "No Data" on Android, and the month shows December 1st as the latest day.

Please offer an ETA of when these will be fixed on Android as we're entering the winter months and need reliable access to this data.

Options
2022-11-14 16:38:01

@Solla-topee with this big update it looks like I picked the right time to buy 4 of these plugs.

I'm happy so far but I have one issue that I can't solve. My electricity provider is Octopus Energy, their cheap rate runs from 00:30 until 04:30.
I can't find any way to add these times, only exact hours.

Options
2022-11-21 13:31:51
/ #Support We're now reporting app ver. 2.11.23 and still buggy graphs and exported data. I'm finding it difficult to believe that considering the number of versions created by the developers that ALL reported errors are not fixed yet! To recap: Calendar, even when not greyed out, does not report daily power usage that is reported correctly in the Daily energy usage graph. ENERGY USAGE Monthly energy usage graph shows no (zero) energy usage, whilst the Yearly energy usage graph shows the accumulated annual energy usage (presumably correct)? Export Data - Daily data shows hourly data for the 6 days prior to the day when the export was made (hourly periods 00:00-23:00) plus the hourly data for the day of export from 00:00 to the exact time the export was made (06:51:36 in my instance). Monthly data reflects the monthly graph (zero data) showing a zero against each day for the current and previous 2 months with a timestamp of 00:00:00 up until the 30th October where-upon it shows another line for the 30th October with a timestamp of 23:00:00 which continues into the future up until the 30th of November. Perhaps it is the logic relating to the daylight savings handling that is causing the problems with both the graph and the data exported. Yearly data appears to export correctly. POWER The 24 hour/7 Days graphs appear to show the correct snapshot power usage at the given snapshot times. It should be remembered that then monitoring an intermittent load (e.g. heater/refrigerator) due to the granularity of the snapshot time not all instances of a device being "active" may be recorded, this will be more evident in the "Past 7 Days" graph. Export data - Exported data for "Previous 24 hours" shows header data indicating the graph covers the period: 2022/11/20 06:50:00 - 2022/11/20 18:50:00 THIS IS NOT 24 HOURS - Only 12 hours? The exported data then gives data for snapshot power readings every 5 minutes until 18:45 This is obviously a programming error... The exported data for "Past 7 days" shows header data indicating the graph covers the period: 2022/11/15 00:00:00 - 2022/11/21 00:00:00 Whilst the period of export would at first sight seem to be right, however the last line of data is 22:00:00 on 2022/11/20 Data is missing! These errors require an experienced programmer to address in a prompt manner. We the customers should not be beta testing product functionality in the real world. Regards Martin
Options
2022-11-25 08:35:10

@Solla-topee 

It has now been a month since the Energy Monitoring 2.0 Update rolled out full of bugs. Nothing has been fixed, and all has gone quiet.

It is clear that this should never have been rolled out to the public in its current form.

Is it possible to have an update on what is happening to resolve the problems and any estimated timescale?

Many thanks...

Options
2022-11-28 13:26:47

My Tapo P110's have just been updated to Firmware Version 1.1.6

Initial impression is that the obvious errors in the Energy Monitoring 2.0 update have been fixed, and historical data was not deleted.

Many thanks to the team...

Options
2022-11-29 02:34:46

I can confirm the above from @QuestionReality 

Firmware 1.1.6 and the latest Tapo App seem to resolve many of the issues previously mentioned

historical data was not deleted - just not being displayed correctly previously

as a bonus when I did the firmware update this time, it didn't seem to switch off then on the attached device

(previously it did - which is annoying for things that should be "always on")

I'm not going to rely on this just yet - might have been chance - but great if that is possible going forwards

Options
2022-11-29 06:59:18

Hi  @MartinX 

The new firmware 1.1.6 has been released, please try to update your device and let me know if the problem is resolved. 

The latest Android version of Tapo APP 2.11.40 is being rolled out, if your APP store receives this update, please go to update it as well! 

Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options