Votes

[Suggestion] Smart Light Bulb SOCKET

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-24 17:42:59
Tags: #Suggestion

I suppose this is the best section to make this...if not, apologies.

I have a lot of lamps, which, as you might guess have the 'turn switch (lol censoring of a word that is the correct word to use)' for power. Because of these mechanical switchs it renders Smart Bulbs completely useless.

Sure, one could install the smart outlets and then leave the lamp switch in the 'ON' position. But, seriously, how many of us are going to reach for our phone, open up the appropriate Smart Appliance app, tap the appropriate lamp, and turn it on. Instead of just reaching up and turning the switch (lol censoring of a word that is the correct word to use).

Yes, one could also use voice commands. But if you have multiple lamps in the same room, now you need to remember which one is the one right next to you. Again. Faster to just turn the switch (lol censoring of a word that is the correct word to use).

There are these 'smart sockets' out there. But I'd rather not having a dozen or so apps to control products that fill a niche in an already niche market. Even if they can all be unified with Alexa, HomeKit, or Google Home. ...Especially when the 'brands' I've seen appear to have used Babel Fish to create their english product descriptions. Additionally, these 'smart sockets' still have the same problem. It's not as simple as reaching up and turning the switch when you're sitting right next to the lamp.

In short, the product would have the mechanical switch like a light socket has now, but that switch could be overridden via software. And would screw into the existing socket. Then a standard bulb or Smart Bulb would be screwed into it [this 'smart bulb socket'

I'm not sure how popular this 'conversion kit'

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 105

Replies: 0

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags

Suggestion