Votes

Tapo C320WS - Option for Video quality /compression

Votes

Tapo C320WS - Option for Video quality /compression

66 Reply
Re:Tapo C320WS - Option for Video quality /compression
2024-05-25 07:46:19

I just purchased the Tapo C310 I agree with others we need more advanced configuration menu either through the app or via ONVIF, video quality at night is pixelated and blocky, pretty unacceptable for a security device, I would like to see a bitrate option as-well as VBR and CBR selection, h265 would be nice as-well but ultimately the first options are a priority.

Options
3 weeks ago
Hello with respect! I want you to implement the bitrate selection option for the Tapo C520WS and C320WS range cameras because due to H264 compression and the bitrate rate being very low (a few kbs), the image quality drops drastically and artifacts appear when zooming. I have 2 Tapo C520WS cameras and one C320WS and I want to buy 4 more, but I'm waiting until this option is available, it's a must have! There are a lot of topics related to this requirement on the TP-Link community forum, so please implement this option. I have the cameras connected via internet cable to a 1GB Fiber network and I want to be able to allocate a higher bitrate by having a lot of bandwidth. Tapo products are great and I love them, but you must regulate this aspect so that this would not affect your company in a negative way. Each of us must have the option (as other manufacturers have already offered this option for many years) to be able to allocate internet bandwidth to the detriment of a quality image. My surveillance cameras are set to the maximum quality of 2k in the Tapo application. Thank you very much and I await your answer! Respectfully!
Options
RE:Tapo C320WS - Option for Video quality /compression
3 weeks ago
would be good to have option to change the bit rate, and option for using different video codecs.
Options
3 weeks ago
Options
3 weeks ago

@Jerrey 

What is wrong with Tapo? 

After tons of people complaining about the lack of resolution and no ability to zoom in to see faces / read license plates with the C320WS, Tapo ignores their users and instead releases a C325WB which does not solve the problem. 

Options
Sunday

A lot of people are asking for this option and Tp-Link seems to only offer automatic answers and not do anything about it. Is it really that difficult to implement this option? Everywhere in the feature request I see the same basic answer: "Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate." 

Options

Voters 81

+ 77 Voters

Tags

VideoQuality