Tapo P100 statis is always offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-23 14:36:27
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 220921 Rel. 141203

Hi, 

I bought a Tapo P100 plug yesterday.

- I completed the setup using the Tapo application.

- I upgraded to the latest firmware version. 

- The light is GREEN, which means it is successfully connected to Wifi modem, which is just 20 cm away from the  P100 plug.

- I can control it inside my home within the same network.

However, I can't control it remotely using mobile data (3G, 4.5G). The status is neary always offline. In a day, I can see it online just one or two times.

Note: From the modem, I changed default DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. This didn't work, either.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo P100 statis is always offline
2022-12-28 08:17:21

Hi  @aliyildiz 

Thank you for posting on TP-Link community. Please check if there is any firewall settings on you modem router, if so, disable it and check the status of the Tapo plug again. 

For comparison, you can configure the plug to the guest network or mobile hotspot, check if the same problem still exists. 

Make sure the Tapo APP is updated as well. Latest Tapo APP version (till 12/28/2022): Android 2.11.44, IOS 2.11.25.

Please share us below information so that we can assist further.

1. Your TP-Link ID, device Mac address (via private message)

2. The model of the modem router

3. The model and Android/IOS version of your phone

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Tapo P100 statis is always offline
2022-12-28 21:31:14

@Wayne-TP I tried after disabling Firewall. Nothing changed. Another plug from another brand is working in the same network. Tapo application is the latest one.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 529

Replies: 2

Related Articles