flashes immediately when turned on, won’t connect to app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-05 14:16:46
Tags: #Bug
Model: Tapo L510E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Every time I turn the bulb on at the switch it starts flashing in different dim settings for about a second, after this it stays at a setting I set some time ago. I'm unsure if I'm rebooting it as it flashes straight away so I'm not sure this is even possible. Won't show up on the app. Any ideas? Is the bulb just broke? It's only about 6 months old.

Options
4 Reply
Re:flashes immediately when turned on, won’t connect to app
2023-01-06 08:24:46

@Etoflip 

Good day, thank you for posting. Do you mean this light bulb doesn't show up on your Tapo APP? If that's the case, how did you configure the light bulb settings? >>it stays at a setting I set some time ago

Please check if you can find this light bulb's default wifi (TP-Link Smart bulb XXXX) on your phone's wifi settings. If the device wifi is visible, that means this light bulb somehow got reset, not sure why it still keeps previous settings. 

In this case, you can try to reconfigure the tapo light bulb. (To avoid unexpected failure, please factory reset the device before the configuration.)

How to reset the Tapo smart bulb?

How to set up Tapo smart bulb?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-01-20 04:34:04

. It just says "Internet may not be available". My home wifi is strong, 2.4GHz, WPA2 PSK security. No problems connecting anything else. I have factory reset the plug and reinstalled the latest version of Kasa (Android. I have recently discovered that some devices no longer appear controllable if I'm away from my WiFi network ie. using my phone on the cellular network. They are listed in the Kasa app as offline.

I discovered that using the Restart (right hand button) of the switches brings them back online in all cases. Since some of my devices are not easy to access is there a way to initiate the equivalent of the restart remotely.

Options
2023-01-23 11:11:14

I try to connect the module to my network through the blink app on my phone, it says it failed to connect and tells me the most common cause of the problem is misspelled or incorrect password. I shows the password and it is the correct password.

Options
2023-02-15 08:37:49

I had the same problem a few days ago took 3hrs of updating controller and constantly power cycling the  controller until it was just fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 686

Replies: 4

Tags

Bug