Tapo c100, how can I access the SD card recording via the IP address and network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo c100, how can I access the SD card recording via the IP address and network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-24 08:11:56
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I installed the sd card into the camera, and tried connecting to it via vlc and other software, but they all only provided a live view, and not the recording, could someone lead me to how to get to them?

Also are any of the other features available over IP? Like the audio one way or two available on the app?

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo c100, how can I access the SD card recording via the IP address and network?
2023-01-31 07:59:10

Hi  @AvgCoder 

Thank you for posting. Tapo camera can not be accessed via IP address directly, a software that supports RTSP protocol is needed. 

You can watch the SD card recording directly from the Tapo APP, or watch it on a computer with the SD card reader. If you want to record the video with VLC or other RTSP-compatible software, please configure the record settings on the software separately. 

General Questions about the Tapo Camera

Q3.4: Why can’t I use Tapo Care, SD card, and NVR at the same time?

A: Due to the limited hardware performance of the camera itself, Tapo Care works best with one of the NVR or SD card recordings.

If you are using an SD card and Tapo Care at the same time, the NVR(RTSP/ONVIF) will be disabled.

To restart the recording on the NVR, please remove the SD card from the camera.

The voice call and Talk features are only available via Tapo APP. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Tapo c100, how can I access the SD card recording via the IP address and network?
2023-06-19 15:14:52 - last edited 2023-06-19 15:18:57

@Wayne-TP Just bought into the Tapo system and shocked to find that you cannot download the original SD files over a network connection, especially as the SD is screwed into place under a plate and mounted up high outside!

The quality of recording RTSP steams, including via the TP-Link app, is not the same as having the original recording from the SD - the quality will vary and is never as good.

Very disappointed that I have to climb a ladder in the rain to get at it - not only that, but the mounting system of my 320WS means the camera cannot be easily removed.   So that will be unscrewing a tiny panel and removing a microSD, up a ladder, in the rain... /sigh

Options