Tapo App Motion Detection Messages keeps turning on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-15 07:14:40 - last edited 2023-03-16 00:49:56
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My Camera Motion detection keeps on turning ON. I need it to stay turned off please. Because it keeps on tracking everything and foloows every movement then the purpose of recording the same spot is defeated coz it keeps moving. What the heck. Please fix it.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Tapo App Motion Detection Messages keeps turning on
2023-03-16 06:17:57

@xcres 

Thank you for the feedback. This is the Motion tracking feature, if you don't want the camera follows the movement, disable this feature here: Camera Settings-> Detection & Alerts-> Motion Tracking.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-03-21 10:08:44
still have same problem
Options
2023-03-22 09:02:34

@xcres03 

Please check if you have ever used the camera's Home mode and Away mode features. They're shortcuts that you can customize different motion detection settings. Refer here for more details. How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo camera

And please be more specific about the issue you're facing. Do you mean the camera won't stop tracking the movement? Or the motion detection feature still work when it is disabled? Or you can still receive the detection notification (APP push notification or in-APP notification?) when it is turned off?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-08-08 11:01:50

I have this same problem. 

i turn off motion tracking in the app, 

when I go to check on the app later in the day, motion tracking has been turned back on automatically.l and the camera is in the wrong position. 

I need this behavior to stop. 

Model C200

hard ware v 3.0

firmware v 1.3.5

Options
2023-08-10 11:42:40

@Zaius 

Have you enabled the camera Home Mode or Away Mode recently? 

To confirm the deactivation of this feature, kindly try walking in front of the camera after disabling it and test whether tracking is still initiated. 

The tech team was made aware of your issue, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box later and confirm

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 480

Replies: 5

Related Articles