Tapo Bulb Not connected to Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-10 10:27:02 - last edited 2023-07-13 08:23:54
Model: Tapo L530E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.10 Build 221129 Rel. 193015

Hello,

I have several L530 bulbs which have been working great for about 8 months.

I have them connected via the Tapo app and also via Samsung Smarttthings and Google Home.

One of the bulbs has started behaving strangely. Yesterday, I noticed that it was appearing offline in Google Home. It was still showing online in the Tapo app and was still controllable via the Tapo app.

After fiddling with it for a while, I have come to the conclusion that it is only accessible within my home network - hence it is offline in Google Home and Samsung Smartthings. It is also showing as 'offline' in the Tapo app when I am not connected to the Home network.

I have made no changes to my network recently and I have tried rebooting the bulb and disconnecting/reconnecting it from my WiFi network.

Nothing appears to be blocking the bulb in my router settings and my other Tapo bulbs are all behaving..

Any ideas?

Thanks,

K

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Tapo Bulb Not connected to Internet-Solution
2023-07-11 03:47:29 - last edited 2023-07-13 08:24:30

@KromaUK 

Have you tried to factory reset the light bulb? Please refer to below instructions to configure the L530 if it wasn't done correctly. 

· Factory reset (back to factory default settings)

1. Turn the light switch controlling the smart bulb to the on position first.

2. Switch it off and on 5 times, pausing for one second in between.

3. The smart bulb should blink 3 times.

If the problem persists, you may try to reboot the router. Reset the L530 and connect it to a guest WiFi network for a comparison test

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-12 05:38:55 - last edited 2023-07-13 08:23:54

@Wayne-TP 

Thank you for your reply.

The bulb has mysteriously started behaving again and has been stable for over 24 hours.

If it starts playing up again, I will be sure to reset it using the method you described.

I'm wondering if its signal was being affected by a neighbour's WiFi. 

Thanks again for your help 

K

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2023-07-11 03:47:29 - last edited 2023-07-13 08:24:30

@KromaUK 

Have you tried to factory reset the light bulb? Please refer to below instructions to configure the L530 if it wasn't done correctly. 

· Factory reset (back to factory default settings)

1. Turn the light switch controlling the smart bulb to the on position first.

2. Switch it off and on 5 times, pausing for one second in between.

3. The smart bulb should blink 3 times.

If the problem persists, you may try to reboot the router. Reset the L530 and connect it to a guest WiFi network for a comparison test

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-12 05:38:55 - last edited 2023-07-13 08:23:54

@Wayne-TP 

Thank you for your reply.

The bulb has mysteriously started behaving again and has been stable for over 24 hours.

If it starts playing up again, I will be sure to reset it using the method you described.

I'm wondering if its signal was being affected by a neighbour's WiFi. 

Thanks again for your help 

K

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo Bulb Not connected to Internet
2023-07-13 08:23:50

@KromaUK 

Thank you for the update, glad to know the device is functioning properly now.smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 662

Replies: 3

Related Articles