Camera C320ws - Photos and Videos only in purple color

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-10 14:43:20 - last edited 2023-07-10 14:55:41
Tags: #Live View #Color
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3

purple pictureHello, I have a Webcam C320WS

When I connect it, the video and the photos are only purple in color. Restarting the camera and updating to firmware 1.3 didn't help. Does anyone have similar problems and knows a solution?

Thank you Toralf

Options
2 Reply
Re:Camera C320ws - Photos and Videos only in purple color
2023-07-11 05:57:39

@ToralfS 

Hi,
Thank you for the case report. You can refer to the below tips to check if there is any help.
1. Please switch between the Day Mode and Night Mode on the Live View page and then check if the live view page changes.
2. Shark the camera and check if it helps.
3. Move it to a different position with a different light environment and see if the issue arises again.
4. Watch the camera on a different phone and check if the live view page is displayed properly.

If the problem remains, please help collect the following info.
1. The model number and OS version of your phone.
2. The version of your Tapo app.
3. The LED status on the Tapo C320WS.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Camera C320ws - Photos and Videos only in purple color
2023-07-11 11:37:38

@Solla-topee 

Hi, thanks for the tips.

First I tried it with the Tapo app on an Android smartphone - no improvement on the iOS app.
Then I really shook the camera and tapped the heel of my hand and watched the result live on my smartphone.
lo and behold, the video image became colorful again 🤩. Even after further moving back and forth it stayed the same.
So the problem is solved.
But I wouldn't want to fly to the moon with the device - the behavior is too uncertain... 😅

Br

Toralf and thank you once agsin

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 330

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles