Tapo C320WS Issues (WiFi connection lose, LED tun on without reason, Camera Frozen)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C320WS Issues (WiFi connection lose, LED tun on without reason, Camera Frozen)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-02 13:53:11 - last edited 2023-09-02 14:42:36
Tags: #Firmware #MicroSD card #c320ws issues
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Hello,

I have 5 Tapo C320WS cameras. All in the latest version. The cameras a brand new, i purchased them a few weeks ago and installed them 2 weeks ago.

All 5 cameras are affected by the same problem:

- They lose the WiFi connection after 6-12 hours.

- After the WiFi connection is lost, the cameras freeze. They do not save any recordings on the SD card.

- Even a hardware reset over the button is not possible if the cameras freeze. No reaction if i press the reset button. To reset the camera, it must first be disconnected from the power and then reconnected to the power.

- Sometimes the LED lights turn on for no reason. It is not possible to turn off the LED lighting via the app, even if I press the light bulb icon in the app, the LED lighting does not turn off. When I disconnect the camera from power and reconnect it, the LEDs are still turned on. Only a hardware reset fixes the problem temporary until i deal with the same problem a couple days later.

I operated the camera without status LED and in 2K QHD mode.

Since I run the camera with status LED on 1080p, there are no more problems.

Therefore, there must be a software issue that causes problems when the camera is operated without a status LED in 2K QHD mode.

I have tried several different routers. The WiFi signal is always very strong (-50(RSSI))

In the past I had run 5x Tapo C310 in the same setup under the same conditions at the same location. There were never any problems. The problems exist only since I replaced the cameras with C320WS.

What I find bad is that no videos are recorded on the SD card when the camera has lost the WiFi signal and is frozen.

(SAMSUNG EVO Select Micro SD-Memory-Card 128GB microSDXC 130MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD, UHS-I, U3, A2, V30)

A test via LAN cable is not possible, since the cameras are permanently installed in places where I cannot lay LAN cables. As I said, it must be something else, because the C310 never caused problems in the same place. I also use good microSD cards from Samsung Class 10.

Regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C320WS Issues (WiFi connection lose, LED tun on without reason, Camera Frozen)
2023-09-04 11:03:06

@LaiaPly 

Hello,
Thank you for the case report. And please help confirm the following information about your problem.

1. Please enable the system LED when the Tapo C320WS selects 2K video quality, and then help confirm the LED status on the camera when the problem happens.
Please help check if you can ping the camera's IP address successfully when connecting a PC to the same Wi-Fi network as the camera and when the problem happens.

2. Please describe your network diagram, such as the Internet--wireless router))) Tapo Cam, etc.
What's the model number of your wireless router? Is there an AP/RE between the router and the cam?

3. Have you tried to change the 2.4G wireless channel and channel width on your router and then check if the Tapo C320WS will work fine?
You can also try to remove an SD card from the camera and test if it will be stable.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 848

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles