Newb: Looking for basic info on C210...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-06 16:07:46
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a few C210s to use as security cams but have a couple of questions that I can't seem to fina answers to...

I intend to use them inside but pointing out through double glazing. I realise quality might suffer and I'll have to be careful about angles and such but...

1) Will the motion detection/tracking work?

2) Will the auto-focus work?

3) Will night vision work?

I realise this is not using them as intended but I'm wanting to avoid cloud subscriptions and having to mount cameras out of reach outside. Seems silly to mount cameras so high that you can't see the person's face clearly... Recording on SD cards using external cameras also seems like a vulnerability as you'd just knock the camera off the wall and take the card out...

Is there a better approach for someone on a budget...?

S

Options
1 Reply
Re:Newb: Looking for basic info on C210...
2023-09-07 09:01:50 - last edited 2023-09-07 11:18:31

@SrMartin 

Hello,  
Thank you for your support of our cameras. For your questions:

1. Usually, the motion detection/tracking feature of the camera still works when putting it inside but pointing out through double glazing. However, if there is 1) light shining directly into the camera lens, such as sunlight  2) the glazing reflecting light to the camera 3) the glazing is not clean, it may affect the features of the camera.

2. The Tapo Cam does not support the "auto-focus" feature if it means that the camera changes the focal length physically to see things further or closer. Our Tapo Cams use digital zoom, which is also commonly used on other security cameras.

3. The Tapo C210 has the 850 nm IR LED with up to 30ft night vision range, and the night vision still works when putting the camera inside but pointing out through double glazing. However, if there is 1) light shining directly into the camera lens  2) the glazing reflecting light to the camera 3) the glazing is not clean, it may affect the features of the camera.
Note: The IR LED of the camera will be on when the camera is working in the night mode, and if the glazing reflects light to the camera, it may affect the camera working.

You will need to do some tests with the camera to find a good position and angle to place it.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 229

Replies: 1

Related Articles