C420S2 One of the two camera shows no battery and offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-07 15:49:13
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi Everyone, 

Having trouble with one of the cameras in the set. Bought in Switzerland. 

After linking it to the Hub and connecting it it stills shows Offline AND with a 0 percent battery. (Altough the battery has been charged fully and is green) 

Tried to Reset and Sync again 5 times but no changes. 

The firmware is still on the first version as it never had the chance to update. 

The camera is still detecting movement and faces whenever I manipulate it as I can see recordings on the SD card in the bridge. 

Any idea ? 

Thank you

Options
5 Reply
Re:C420S2 One of the two camera shows no battery and offline
2023-11-08 07:11:14

@Marq1811 

Hi, 
You can try to swap the battery between the two Tapo C420 and then check if the problematic camera will work fine.

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1. How about the Status LED on the problematic C420, such as solid amber, blinking red quickly or slowly, etc.?

2. How do you check the battery is 0 percent if the camera shows offline on the Tapo app?

3. When you press and hold on the Reset/Sync button for 5s to reset the camera, does the Status LED have no change at all?

Best Regards

Options
2023-11-08 10:01:55

@Solla-topee 

Hi !

Thank you for your reply. 

I tried to swap batteries and even use a spare battery I bought but it doesn't change anything. 

Here are my answers: 

1. The status LED on the problematic C420: When reseting it it shows green when there is movement in front of it and I receive an alert on the application. Whenever I quit the application, it's blinking red slowly. 

2. As you can see from the screenshot below, the outside 2 camera (the problematic one) shows Offline and 0 percent battery (altough it's full). 

3. When I press the Reset/Sync it blinks fast, then red green alternating, I restart the pairing process with bridge, green slowly then finally green solid and validates the confirguration but still shows 0% battery. If I stay in the app it still recognize movement, but as soon as I leave the App it starts blinking red. 

Options
2023-11-09 06:32:36

@Marq1811 

Hi,
Thank you for the detailed information. I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will contact you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options
2023-11-09 10:53:47

@Solla-topee 

Thank you, I confirm I received the email and will get back to them. 

Best

Options
2023-11-10 06:33:30

@Marq1811 Thank you for your cooperation!smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 232

Replies: 5

Related Articles