I can't access my Tapo c200 over mobile data

2023-11-25 19:58:01 - last edited 2023-11-27 08:12:01
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.9

I can't connect my IP CAM outside the local network, so I checked forums where users had the same problem. This is what i did:

1. Added 8.8.8.8 in the DNS server of my router.

2. Opened 554 port on my router.

3. Added a permit rule in the router firewall so i could connect throught the cam Ip allowing every port.

4. Created user/pass using the tapo app and connected throught the Internet over RSTP protocol. 

I could connect using a random app over Mobile Data and using my router public IP.

It works, but I wont be able to control the vision range and settings when out of home.

5. At some point, i even disabled the whole firewall my Internet company brings for security reasons and the app still be telling me the message and not letting me access when using mobile data.

"This smart device can only be controlled locally"

Of course I restarted the Cam, plug/unplug, reset.

My girlfriend cant connect the cam either outside the local network. Am i missing something?

Would appreciate some help, dunno what else to do.

Options
1 Reply
Re:I can't access my Tapo c200 over mobile data
2023-11-27 08:19:42

@NChifly 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information for your issue.
1. Please send me the MAC address of your Tapo camera via a private message. You can find the MAC address on the camera's Device Settings>Device Info page.

2. Can you describe your network diagram in detail, such as the internet cable--wireless router)))(((Tapo cameras, phones, etc.?
What's the model number of your router?

3. The error message usually means that the camera has connected to the router's Wi-Fi but has not connected to the internet. Please help check if your router has MAC Filtering, Access Control, and Firewall settings that may block the camera from going to the internet. If yes, disable them for a try.

Best Regards

Options