Away mode to override recording schedule

2023-12-10 03:11:05 - last edited 2023-12-10 03:12:21
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.14 Build 20230829 rel.65193

Hi,

I've been using this 4 camera set for about 2 weeks now, its been great so far.

One thing I found that might be awesome if its enhanced is that whenever I try to set Away mode when I leave home, to turn on the motion detect and record,

it only overrides the detection/notification setting I have configured for Home mode but still follows the recording schedule.

So if I set recording schedule on each individual camera to record on any movement from 7pm to 7am,

Away mode still follows this recording schedule so I still get notifications on Away mode when I'm not home but the recordings are not there if the time is not in between 7pm~7am.

This can be improved by making this Away mode to override/ignore any pre-configured recording schedule and make is just to detect -> record -> notify which sounds more simple.

Netgear Arlo App have this option available and its called "Armed" mode which detects, records, send notification and ignore the recording schedule.

Shame that Arlo only have Cloud subscription now.

Please consider above enhancement request which would make Tapo Camera much better than the others.

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Away mode to override recording schedule
2023-12-11 12:02:12

@winteragain 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 112

Replies: 1

Voters 3