Night Vision is not working. Spotlight is showing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-20 10:01:06 - last edited 2023-12-25 05:44:52
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.7 Build 231122 Rel. 55299n

Hi, I wass purchased Tapo C320WS last year (2022). It was working fine but from some days in night mode it showing a spotlight on live feed and also showing on recorded video. Please suggest how can i fix it. Or is there any issue in firmware build. If some light in this area then it works fine. Also still camera is working fine in day mode.

Night Image: 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Night Vision is not working. Spotlight is showing-Solution
2023-12-21 13:31:36 - last edited 2023-12-25 05:45:17

@Solla-topee it's the reflection of the C320 spotlights, looks like there's something like a metal object is in front of the cam's view, you still can see in the background except that bright thing, which means the C320 spotlights are on.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-22 19:42:26 - last edited 2023-12-25 05:45:08

@NguyenKhoi Yes you are right i have noticed one of camera wifi antenna is comming down i was changed his position and now camera feed looks fine..

Thanks for you suggestion...

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Night Vision is not working. Spotlight is showing
2023-12-21 09:45:19

@rsiwal 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information about the reported issue.
1. On the camera's Live View page on the Tapo app, have you selected the Auto in the Video Mode, and is the Light icon in blue color which means the spotlight is on?
2. Please go to the camera's Device Settings>Video & Display>Night Mode Settings page to check the mode you have selected.
3. The scene in the attached picture does not look like the camera's spotlight is on, but like there is a light directly to the camera lens. It is recommended to check whether there are other light sources around the camera.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-21 13:31:36 - last edited 2023-12-25 05:45:17

@Solla-topee it's the reflection of the C320 spotlights, looks like there's something like a metal object is in front of the cam's view, you still can see in the background except that bright thing, which means the C320 spotlights are on.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-22 03:56:00

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

Following are my remarks on your question.

1. On the camera's Live View page on the Tapo app, have you selected the Auto in the Video Mode, and is the Light icon in blue color which means the spotlight is on?

--- I have checked with by stand front of the camera and switched off the spotlight. Also tried by set the manual mode by night and day. But still no change. I was perfectly working from last 1 year on same place.
2. Please go to the camera's Device Settings>Video & Display>Night Mode Settings page to check the mode you have selected.

--- I have checked it by change all modes. Night, Day and Auto (Previously it was working on Auto mode perfectly)
3. The scene in the attached picture does not look like the camera's spotlight is on, but like there is a light directly to the camera lens. It is recommended to check whether there are other light sources around the camera.

--- No, there is no light source is on that time. Which we turn off all lights in night and there is full of dark.

I feel recently i was updated the firmware. I think your last firmware have any issue. How can i move to previous version.

Options
2023-12-22 03:59:38

@NguyenKhoi 

--- I think there is no metal object. Also if any light source is not on there how reflection will came. I will do one think today night. I will take a another picture of video and settings i have in application and then will share with you. 

Options
2023-12-22 09:47:37

@rsiwal generally something is in front of your camera.

Options
2023-12-22 19:42:26 - last edited 2023-12-25 05:45:08

@NguyenKhoi Yes you are right i have noticed one of camera wifi antenna is comming down i was changed his position and now camera feed looks fine..

Thanks for you suggestion...

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 820

Replies: 6

Related Articles