Votes

Repeated Timer

Repeated Timer
Repeated Timer
2024-02-03 06:17:01
Model: KP105  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.03

Hi, I am struggling to figure out how to set a smart plug to turn on for 10mins and off for 1hr.

I have a smart scene created where device is on for 10min duration.

I then have a smart action when device state is off it runs the smart scene after delayed 1hr.

However the thing isn't working. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Repeated Timer
2024-02-05 08:07:59

@toocoldtostay 

Can you describe your specific usage scenario? Specific usage scenarios are beneficial to facilitate the evaluation review of this feature.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-02-05 22:03:15

@Wayne-TP Thanks. 

Simply, I want an KP105 outlet to turn on every 1hr for 10min only.

10mins ON

50mins OFF

Repeat during a desired period. eg: 10pm to 4am. 

I cant seem to get this working in the KASA app. 

I have reverted to SmartThings app, but I am noticing the status of the device is not refreshing in app unless I manually tap into the device wihch I believe triggers a refresh cycle from cloud. So I cant be sure if the routines are working as expected either. 

The routine I have currently in SmartThings;

IF device is OFF state 50mins

THEN turn device ON & auto turn OFF after 10mins 

If I turn the device on and off manually, this routine works 1 time only, it does not seem to run perpetually meaning it wont run a 2nd time. 

For KASA app

I had to create a Smart Scene

Turn ON device

"On" Duration = 10min

The idea is that the device will set to OFF status at 10mins. 

I then created a Smart Action 

IF device is OFF

THEN run Smart Scene with Delay Action = 50mins

this method does not work at all for some reason. It seems the KASA app is only triggering upon device status change from the app itself, and does not consider device changes from other sources, say Google or if device was turned off via SmartThings. 

Just like SmartThings, if I manually turn the device On and Off, the new Off status will trigger the automation once only. Sadly no repeating. 

Also again, the status of the device is not refreshed in the app for the user to see, user must pull the app draw down to manually trigger a refresh. This is highly frustrating as you cant trust the app to tell you the status by just having the thing open. 

I think I might be bette to buy one of those old rotary timers, might be limited to the number of Pins this old tech has, but at least it can be trusted. 

Options
2024-02-06 09:52:40

@toocoldtostay 

Actually, I would like to what do you want to apply this feature to in real life. Why do you need the plug repeat on and off? For example, control the water heater, or the lights?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-02-06 10:06:45

@Wayne-TP 

Control a heat lamp as secondary heat source for reptile enclosure.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 204

Replies: 4

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.