Tapo smart bulb L 630

Tapo smart bulb L 630

Tapo smart bulb L 630
Tapo smart bulb L 630
2024-03-09 10:13:30 - last edited 2024-03-26 06:13:43
Model: Tapo L630  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi I've installed a light switch s210 and have fitted 3 l630 lamps to this circuit. The switch is working fine and turns the lamps on/ off fine and all appears fine, my problem is with the app as when the lights are turned off and the switch showing off the lamps are still showing on on the app so clearly no feedback . I have continuously seen that these lamps go offline and this seems ridiculous as when I stand next to the lamps I have a strong WiFi signal , this is very frustrating and wondered if anyone else is experiencing this

thanks col

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo smart bulb L 630-Solution
2024-03-11 09:48:14 - last edited 2024-03-26 06:13:43

@Colw1 

Do not use the smart switch with the smart light bulbs, they can work independently, and smart control can be achieved without using them together. For example, a smart switch can control a regular light bulb connected to a non-smart socket. The smart bulb connects to a lamp base without smart module.

In your case, when the switch is turned off, it cuts off power to the bulb, disconnecting it from the router's WiFi network. As a result, the bulb goes offline, and the app may not respond immediately, which is why you still see the bulb appearing as if it's turned on.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo smart bulb L 630-Solution
2024-03-11 09:48:14 - last edited 2024-03-26 06:13:43

@Colw1 

Do not use the smart switch with the smart light bulbs, they can work independently, and smart control can be achieved without using them together. For example, a smart switch can control a regular light bulb connected to a non-smart socket. The smart bulb connects to a lamp base without smart module.

In your case, when the switch is turned off, it cuts off power to the bulb, disconnecting it from the router's WiFi network. As a result, the bulb goes offline, and the app may not respond immediately, which is why you still see the bulb appearing as if it's turned on.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 175

Replies: 1

Related Articles