Power button locking feature in app.

2024-04-24 17:09:26 - last edited 2024-04-29 01:20:08
Tags: #Energy Monitoring #Power Management
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

In the Tapo app, would it be possible to add an option or toggle in the device settings to lock the power button to prevent the power button from accidentally being used unintentionally causing devices connected to power off abruptly?

Could maybe have voice functionality in a later version as an extra feature "Alexa, Lock/Unlock power for (Tapo P110 or Custom Device Name)" but in app would be a great help for now!

Thank you for your consideration.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Power button locking feature in app.
2024-08-14 14:55:25

@TessaHere I agree, the button is way too easy to press accidentally for a power on/off device ( I use mine on a PC, as well as a refridgerator). It's even worse in Google home where there isn't even a button... you just select the smart plug and it toggles it On/Off depending on its current state.
Maybe a confirmation could be added, or a PIN  to lock/unlock the function.

Options
Re:Power button locking feature in app.
a week ago

@SPG_Maryland Yes, such a feature should be incorporated from the beginning as some equipment are meant to be kept in a constant on state, like a fridge. It was one of the first features I looked for after installing the smart plug. Hope this feature is included soon in one of their updates. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 172

Replies: 2

Voters 1

Tags

Energy Monitoring
Power Management