I can't add my TC65 Camera back to the app. Hard reset does not work on previously configured camera

I can't add my TC65 Camera back to the app. Hard reset does not work on previously configured camera

2024-05-29 09:58:34 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: TC65  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello. I recently tried to change the WIFI Connection of my Tapo TC65. The App asked me to follow some steps to change my WIFI Connection. However, I keep on ending up with the app asking me to do a hard reset but still goes back to it asking me to do a hard reset because the camera was previously reconfigured. So I ended up removing the camera from the app and eventually deleting the app after seeing that trying to just add the camrra back to the did not work.

Prior to this, I tried several times to plug and unplug the power cord just to wait for the light to blink red and green, then do hard reset several times after my phone connected with the camera's WIFI (because the app keeps on prompting that I have previously reconfigured the camera so I need to do a hard reset). Still, I wasn't able to add the camera back to the app nor change it's WIFI connection. I also tried uninstalling the app, clearing the cache and re-installing it back just to see if it would work, but it did not.

I think it is worth noting that I was able to successfully change my TAPO TC70's wifi connection after going through the same process (plugged the power cord off, do a hard reset, connect my phone to the camera's wifi then change the wifi network) prior to trying it with my TC65.

Please help. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:I can't add my TC65 Camera back to the app. Hard reset does not work on previously configured camera-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@TP_PH 

Hi,
It may be you are not factory resetting the TC65 successfully thus you keep seeing the "previously reconfigured" message. Please hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds to reset the camera and check if it helps.

If the problem remains, please let me know the LED changes on the TC65 when resetting it, and send me a picture of the error message that appears on the Tapo app.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:I can't add my TC65 Camera back to the app. Hard reset does not work on previously configured camera-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@TP_PH 

Hi,
It may be you are not factory resetting the TC65 successfully thus you keep seeing the "previously reconfigured" message. Please hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds to reset the camera and check if it helps.

If the problem remains, please let me know the LED changes on the TC65 when resetting it, and send me a picture of the error message that appears on the Tapo app.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:I can't add my TC65 Camera back to the app. Hard reset does not work on previously configured camera
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

So I just followed your advice and tried to do the factory reset again with my TC65 (I pressed the reset button for 10-15 seconds until the LED rapidly blinked red). I then proceeded with the directions in the app, connected my phone with the camera's wifi and still got the message "The device has been previously configured. Please reset your device first" (please see attached photo).

In the end, I wasn't still able to add my TC65 to the app and wasn't able to connect it to the new wifi network.

What should I do now?

Options
Re:I can't add my TC65 Camera back to the app. Hard reset does not work on previously configured camera
3 weeks ago

@TP_PH 

Hi,
Please refer to the following steps to collect the app log for further analysis.
    1. Log in to the Tapo app on your iPhone, and try to configure the camera TC65 to reproduce the issue.

2. After the problem is reproduced, go to Me> Help&Feedback> Cameras> Feedback> select your device, tap Next> In the Subject, type forum ID 669746; in the Suggestion, enter a brief description of your issue; check the 'Add System Log' and 'Send APP Log'>tap Send Feedback to send the log files to us.

3. Please let me know after you send us the log.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 122

Replies: 3

Related Articles