Camera not found by Onvif Device Manager scan

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all

I have a C100 camera. I want to use it from PC but using the Onvif Device Manager I can not find the camera using the "refresh" button (that, in my understanding, should scan the wifi network to find all onvif compatible cameras using WS-Discovery protocol). However if I manually insert the control url with correct camera ip I can manage it correctly. This mean is the WS-Discovery protocol not working with my camera? I need to use the scan function because the camera is constantly disconnected and often changes IP.

Thank you

Options
5 Reply
Re:Camera not found by Onvif Device Manager scan

@ff-seco 

Hi,
In your usage scenario, you can try to reserve an IP address for your Tapo C100 on the wireless router, so the camera will have the same IP address when connecting to the router.
Take the TP-Link wireless router as an example, you can refer to the instructions below to reserve an IP address for a device on the router.
How to configure Address Reservation on Wi-Fi Routers?

The Tapo C100 supports WS-Discovery protocol, if the ODM(Onvif Device Manager) can't find the camera, please ensure they are under the same network, and you can ping the camera from the ODM to check if the connection is stable.

Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Hi

Solution can be many but I want to have the confirmation that Tapo camera is not compatible with standard WS-Discovery protocol so it's impossible to find it in the network using this (standard) protocol. If you can confirm WS-Discovery  is not supported I can move to some other solution but, on the contrary, if you say it's compatible this mean there is something wrong in my network that I must to investigate on.

Thank you

P.S.: however it camera is not compatible with WS-Discovery how does the official app find it online the first time it scans?

Options
2 weeks ago

@ff-seco 

Hi,
The Tapo C100 supports the WS-Discovery protocol, and can be discovered through WS-Discovery.
Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Hi

Thank you, this is a good news. By the way can you suggest me a Windows or Linux tool that you know for sure is able to find tapo cameras in the network? As already said Onvif Device Manager doesn't seems to work...

Thank you

Options

@ff-seco You may try the iSpy program: How to view Tapo camera on PC/NAS/NVR through RTSP/Onvif Protocol​​​​​​​

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 160

Replies: 5

Related Articles