Hub not hearing/recognising voice commands

2024-06-24 13:11:37 - last edited 2024-06-28 03:53:41
Model: Tapo H200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Wondering if someone could help, The hub connects to Alexa, light switches work through alexa when voice commands are through an amazon echo, dot or phone. But the Hub does not seem to respond to voice commands. 

It is advertised as being able to recieve voice commands, it is connected directly to the router, static ip given to the hub and everything else works fine with controlling switches paired with the hub, with Alexa. 

Just cannot get the hub to hear voice commands. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Hub not hearing/recognising voice commands-Solution
2024-06-28 02:35:40 - last edited 2024-06-28 03:53:41

@DubSidious 

• For the H200, you can ask Alexa to discover the new devices connected to the hub.
  • And turn on/off hub alarm with this command, "Alexa, turn on/off [device name] hub alarm".

Note: To avoid confusing Alexa, don't use the word "hub" in your device name.

What do you want to control the hub with voice command? 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Hub not hearing/recognising voice commands-Solution
2024-06-28 02:35:40 - last edited 2024-06-28 03:53:41

@DubSidious 

• For the H200, you can ask Alexa to discover the new devices connected to the hub.
  • And turn on/off hub alarm with this command, "Alexa, turn on/off [device name] hub alarm".

Note: To avoid confusing Alexa, don't use the word "hub" in your device name.

What do you want to control the hub with voice command? 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Hub not hearing/recognising voice commands
2024-07-01 23:51:05

@Wayne-TP 

I have the switches connected to the hub, discovered in alexa and can control them, and can set, turn on/off the alarm on the h200 hub via alexa. I was mainly looking to use the Hub as the microphone in the room. 

I have 2 amazon Dots in 2 other rooms in my house, was hoping to use the H200 to use voice commands in a 3rd room without buying another amazon dot.

Options
2024-07-02 05:42:42

@DubSidious 

Unfortunately, you cannot replace Alexa with the Tapo hub. Tapo device works with Alexa but it is not a Alexa device, does not have Alexa's functionality.

Options
2024-07-02 11:30:57

@Wayne-TP 

That is quite unfortunate, it should probably state SOMEWHERE in the marketing that the hub is purely a passive device to communicate with linked devices, and has an alarm

Looks like i'll be buying more Dots. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 4

Related Articles