Tapo TC70 not pairing

Tapo TC70 not pairing

Tapo TC70 not pairing
Tapo TC70 not pairing
2024-08-10 16:42:03 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: TC70  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I purchased my Tapo TC70 from Amazon, what should be a quick and easy installation is driving me mad!

Ive followed all the steps, start with being connected to the camera and then once connected to my internet and moving to "pairing device" where it stays for several minutes and then says pairing failed. The camer remains flashing red and green.

Im on iOS 17.6.1 the Tapo app is the current version, I've hit reset so many times but nothing changes. I'm lost as to what to do. I'm just miffed that a TO-Link device is causing such a headache as it's normally so easy.

id rather try and get advice here before returning as I can't see it being a faulty camera.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo TC70 not pairing -Solution
2024-08-12 09:00:21 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Lil_SmokestormX 

Hi,
You can try the following steps and check if they help.
1. Confirm if your router's 2.4G Wi-Fi is working. 

2. Check if your router has special settings, such as MAC Filtering, firewall rules, etc., that may block the camera from connecting to it. If yes, disable these features.

3. Enable a hotspot 2.4G Wi-Fi on your phone, factory reset the camera, reconfigure it with another phone to connect it to the hotspot Wi-Fi, and then check if it can be configured successfully.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo TC70 not pairing -Solution
2024-08-12 09:00:21 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Lil_SmokestormX 

Hi,
You can try the following steps and check if they help.
1. Confirm if your router's 2.4G Wi-Fi is working. 

2. Check if your router has special settings, such as MAC Filtering, firewall rules, etc., that may block the camera from connecting to it. If yes, disable these features.

3. Enable a hotspot 2.4G Wi-Fi on your phone, factory reset the camera, reconfigure it with another phone to connect it to the hotspot Wi-Fi, and then check if it can be configured successfully.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 195

Replies: 1

Related Articles