Smart plug hs100 suddenly disconnected from wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart plug hs100 suddenly disconnected from wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:Smart plug hs100 suddenly disconnected from wifi
2019-01-21 10:49:46

I have 7 of them and they all randomly disconnect from the network not the app - usually 3 at a time or 4

they have been reset numerous times

They are on different Wi-FI networks (various access points)

They have DHCP reservation

They are in areas of good wi-fi reception

This is not related to the router (tried 2 different ones and no other wi-fi device drops off the network)

Other smart plugs I have do not do this - I was going to switch all of the to TP-Link  but may ask for refund as they do not work as they should

Options
Re:Re:Smart plug hs100 suddenly disconnected from wifi
2019-03-25 19:30:13

Same behaviour: I have 4 HS110 (1 version v1 and 3 version V3)

I can confirm that "feature". I write feature, because this happens since firmware version 1.5.4 (for version V3). With version 1.4.3 everything worked perfect so far. Also version v1 (firmware 1.2.5) works perfect without any wifi disconnections. But after updating the v3 version to firmware 1.5.4 a few month ago I have continously disconnections (sometimes every hour, somtimes every 5 minutes!). I have also done some resets, but nothing has solved it. Changeing wifi-channel, changing the room (distance router to hs110 was about 2m!). Unfortunately I can't find a download of the old firmware 1.4.3 - if someone has stored this version please send me a pm. Thanks Steff

Options
Re:Re:Re:Smart plug hs100 suddenly disconnected from wifi
2019-03-27 06:34:41

Steff555 wrote

I can confirm that "feature". I write feature, because this happens since firmware version 1.5.4 (for version V3). With version 1.4.3 everything worked perfect so far. Also version v1 (firmware 1.2.5) works perfect without any wifi disconnections. But after updating the v3 version to firmware 1.5.4 a few month ago I have continously disconnections (sometimes every hour, somtimes every 5 minutes!). I have also done some resets, but nothing has solved it. Changeing wifi-channel, changing the room (distance router to hs110 was about 2m!). Unfortunately I can't find a download of the old firmware 1.4.3 - if someone has stored this version please send me a pm. Thanks Steff

hey, what does feature mean? 

What about the current signal strength of the V3 units? If the V1 works well, try to exchange their location to do a comparison test.

BTW, here is an instruction you can refer to released by TP-Link. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2227/ 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Smart plug hs100 suddenly disconnected from wifi
2019-03-30 22:50:22

I wrote "feature" because of the the phrase "it's not a bug, it a feature" ;-)

The signal strenght is bewteewn -50 to -60 for V3 versions. That should be strong enough. The V1 version has a strenght of -60 to -65 and works stable! All other V3 versions works unstable. I live in a german city and there are 60 wifi networks close to mine - I think the traffic of 2.4 Ghz is the problem... But this does not explain why version V1 works stable and V3 does not.

Gray_Blue7 wrote

Steff555 wrote

hey, what does feature mean? 

What about the current signal strength of the V3 units? If the V1 works well, try to exchange their location to do a comparison test.

BTW, here is an instruction you can refer to released by TP-Link. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2227/ 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Smart plug hs100 suddenly disconnected from wifi
2019-04-01 07:41:57

Steff555 wrote

I wrote "feature" because of the the phrase "it's not a bug, it a feature" ;-)

The signal strenght is bewteewn -50 to -60 for V3 versions. That should be strong enough. The V1 version has a strenght of -60 to -65 and works stable! All other V3 versions works unstable. I live in a german city and there are 60 wifi networks close to mine - I think the traffic of 2.4 Ghz is the problem... But this does not explain why version V1 works stable and V3 does not.

the signal strength seems fine;  have you ever tried to change their location between V1 and V3?

Still the same, may need contact the tech support to get some specific answer even warranty service. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support 

Options
Re:Smart plug hs100 suddenly disconnected from wifi-Solution
2020-02-17 04:56:24 - last edited 2020-03-09 07:09:02
Fixed channel and narrow channel width (20MHz) seems to work better for me too.
Recommended Solution
Options
2020-03-03 02:53:01

I had the same issue... thank you, Comcast for always dropping my Internet--but that's for another forum ... the fix? 

1. Go to your router settings
  2. Get to your 2.4GHz Wireless Network settings
  3. Set your Channel to "01" or "1" (vs. most routers default to "auto")

... after that, my Kasa switches all re-connect every time after Comcast drops.

Took many random "try this, try that" -- but it works like a charm now.
Haven't had to manually reset my switches in months!

Options
2020-05-24 18:46:37

@JoannaC 

Which Channel?  VLAN?

Options
2020-09-06 23:05:29

@Sava Fixed channel did it for me, i changed it to channel 11, and no more disconnections!!!!

Best regards, PAblo.

Options
2020-11-07 08:13:37

@JoannaC 

and how exactly are you doing that?

there are no settings for anything for these plugs in the app.

Options