What should I do if my device keeps disconnecting from the internet when it’s connected to my TP-Link Range Extender?

Publicado el: 2018-11-27 06:00:32?ltima hora de actualización: 3 weeks ago

The range extender may extend Wi-Fi signal but it does not maintain the connection. This FAQ will guide you to do some tests to exclude possibility caused by router other elements beside the range extender.

a device means: computers, laptops, mobile phones, etc.

Note: Refer to UG to get detailed info of the LED status.

Case 1

Step 1

Update the range extender to latest firmware.

Step 2

Contact TP-Link support with model number of your router and provide us with details on the problem. 

Case 2

Step 1

Disable then enable the wireless network connection of the device.

Step 2

To figure out the problem please place the RE near to the router to see whether the problem still exists.

Step 3

Check the IP address, default gateway and DNS of the device, when the range extender loses its connection.

Step 4

Contact TP-Link support with model number of your router and provide us with details on the problem. 

Comentario

How do I fix my TP-Link router as it disconnected several times? I have to buy two routers but after some month both routers in showing me same problem auto disconnecting network  I think tp-link not well brand

Every time I open my MacBook or use my iPhone to connect to the Internet, the device tries to connect via my _EXT network. It appears to succeed, but when I attempt to go to any URL the response is You Are Not Connected to the Internet. I have done all the troubleshooting steps suggested but nothing fixes the problem. One step I took was to start over with the tether process. That solved it for about 2 days, and then the problem was back.  I purchased the RE300 from Amazon and the return window closed July 11. Reading the Comment posts, I can see that this is a common problem, and tp-link seems to be indifferent to it. I searched for a way to enter a support ticket, but that approach doesn't seem to exist. Any recommendations? 

Hello support, I have this issue as well on the TL-PA8030P Range Extender. We are living in oktober 2020. Is this issue, that seems to be there for years already, fixed at this moment or not? In the latter case I too will send them back to Amazon. If it is fixed, please help me with a solution. The last acvailable firmware is already on the devices. I disabled low power mode. What can I do?

RE220 firmware update available now? Extender will stop connecting to my home network. Need help

My TLWR941HP keeps disconnecting. Has to be rebooted almost everyday. Tried to call support service, no success in getting through. Send an email, no reply. Thank you for "excellent service" no

I( keep buying things to improve my WiFi and the headaches only get worse.I have a Decco 2400 that says it's activated but does nothing 

My advise, forget to invest in simple range extenders, none of them gives you the features of a Mesh WiFi system. I am very happy with my investment in a Deco M5 system. I not only bought it for the great WiFi coverage but also because it protects all my devices connected to it using Homecare with integrated Antivirus protection. 

Range extenders are a blast from the past, they would perhaps work if placed so far apart that the main router WiFi signal do not overlap with the range extender WiFi signal so that you get disconnected from your router when you walk out of your router´s WiFi signal range, but who wants this? I want seamless signal roaming and I want that my WLAN enabled devices automatically pick the strongest nearby mesh node, without any interruption and with minimal speed loss.

End of 2020 and I have the same issue 

Just posted to the TP-Link Home Network Community site, but am hoping this location gets attention as well. I have two RE450s v2.0 that work GREAT extending the 2.4GHz wireless signal. The 5GHz seems to work for about a day or two and then either drops from one of the TP-Links or from both. When the 5GHz drops, their associated light goes out and I am not able to connect to the device via a web browser nor the Tether applet. Both of these extenders show a STRONG connection to my router/gateway. These extenders are ONLY used as extenders; I've disabled their DHCP service and given them their own SSID names. They are both updated to firmware v1.0.5 Build 20200914 Rel. 34203, which I believe is the latest version for RE450. I have also given each of them a static IP address which seems to have resolved the issue of when our internet service goes out, I no longer need to reset the TP-Links to get them reconnected.

Suggestions for the 5GHz issue, PLEASE.

Hello @StardustOne 

I agree with you that range extenders need to be far enough away from the router that they are extending in order to avoid signal interference.

- for me, the Tether app helped me put the RE300 far enough away, so that it and the router are now at opposite ends of the house.

- I had initial problems when they were too close together.

I think that a mesh would be good, but I have also got a single RE300 range extender working and far enough away from my router that both WiFi work well.

- they have different BSSIDs so that my clients can distinquish them and swap between them automatically as necessry, even though it is not a mesh of access points.

A simple range extender can have its role to play as long as it is positioned correctly.

- the RE300 can also have its output power reduced from maximum if there is an interference issue.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Tony 

upload
    upload