Changing the Main Unit for your Mesh Network

Опубликовано: 2019-05-10 20:53:31Последнее обновление: 2022-05-05 23:32:50

There may be a situation you would like to swap out the Deco wired to the modem for one of the satellite units. The Deco that is wired to the modem is designated as the “main” Deco so if you want to swap it out with another Deco, there is a certain process to do that. Doing this will avoid the need to setting up a new mesh network and configuring the network all over.

In this example we will use the Deco M5. You will need to be connected to the Wi-Fi network on the Deco unit before you begin. If you are not connected to the local Wi-Fi, you will not see the option to choose a different Deco to be the main.

If your phone shows it is connected to the Deco’s Wi-Fi network but you still can’t see the “Set Main Deco” option, force your Deco App to close. Go to the Settings->Wi-Fi, and confirm your phone is connected to the Deco’s Wi-Fi network. Once it is, open the Deco app and try again.

If your phone has a VPN program running, please close this to avoid potential issues.

Step 1. Tap Internet icon on the Overview page.

https://static.tp-link.com/picture_1_1553220934616d.png

Step 2. Click on the three dots icon on right top corner, then tap “Set Main Deco”.

https://static.tp-link.com/picture_2_1553220946368o.png

Step 3. Select the Deco which you want to use as a main Deco, click on Save.

https://static.tp-link.com/picture_3_1553220955659p.png

After you finished the setup process, please connect the new Main Deco to the modem by an Ethernet cable, power it on, and then you can enjoy the internet.

The Deco that was wired to the modem can now be placed anywhere else as it will now act as one of the satellite units

Комментировать

hello,

Thank you so much for sharing this helpful information, it helped me alot

Thanks and regards.:)

Help password kaise change karenge 

If you have other device connected to your new chosen main Deco, other than your internet cable, make sure you disconnect it first.

Example

I have a switch connected to the other port , which connects to 10 other devies , so I had to disconnect it first to the new main Deco can pick up the internet port then reconnect the swtich back on.

Hello I have low speed or drop via wifi and LAN connection. My ISP 
gives us 200 Mbps by contact but I can get connection drop or hang
after reboot the Tplink deco M4 router found it's running smoothly.Except
Tplink router there is anothe modem ( C-Data ONU ) in my house which is
connected with TPlink Deco M4 hardware version 2.0 I have 9 device using
WiFi, 7 Smart phone 2 laptop. the speed is good after reboot the router.
How can I improve it for stable connection.

Shaponbhai 3

I am having a few Deco M4 and experience frequent off line on 2.4 ghz due to channel congestion,

can channel be selected manually on the Deco ?

On my Unifi router 2.4 ghz I had switched to manual on channel 11, running without any  issue.

How can this be resolve .

I need a new router and need wi-fi faster. My tp-link is the same sence 2017. never change. How to know witch is beter for me now. My children play PS4, computer, mobile and tv. 2 bed condo. How to know witch is the best for my house

Bonjour tout le monde. Est-ce qu'on profite de système maillages mesh même si par câble ? 
2pack deco M9+ 6 unité, le premier principal routeur après le routeur d'opérateur, le principal vers le switch tplink et de switch vers les autres deco "5" des points d'accès.   Est-ce que je peux garder le maillages ?????

comment je peux avoir 3 wifi 2.4 différent pour les 3 étages pour des appareils smart domotique ????

merci b

In my case I wanted to swap out a two X20 Mesh with a new X60 Mesh

1. Place one new X60 near the current X20 main Deco and power it on. (You will need to more the Ethernet cable from old to new main during step 4)

2. Add the X60 to the mesh (Use a temp name if there is a conflict)

3. Update the firmware on the X60 under "More" and "Update Deco" (Note I did not get the option to "Change Main Deco" until the firmware update was done or it may have just been a matter of waiting a few minutes)

4. Change main Deco to new X60. (You will get a message saying "Before the main Deco finishes switching, please connect the new main Deco to the modem or Ethernet outlet for an internet connection"

4a. Move Ethernet cable from old main X20 to new main X60 during the switching period

5. Add additional X60's to Mesh and update their firmware.

6. Remove old X20's from Mesh after everything has settled down.

7. Change names if necessary

Bibak

upload
    upload