TL-WPA4220 Configuration to Roaming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-28 04:16:21
Model : TL-WPA4220TKIT

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear team,

I have a router TL-WR841HP and a PowerLine TL-WPA4220Kit, after cloning SSID into PowerLine when I walk trough my apartment and I'm near to PowerLine my cellphone doesn't connect to PowerLine always remains connected to the Router. My cellphone Samsung A5 doesn't do roaming.

Please help possible issues.

thanks
Albeiro Araque
Options
6 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220 Configuration to Roaming
2017-09-28 14:53:26
Unless you have brandnew "mesh" technology WLAN (you don't), it is up to the client device if and when it switches from one access point to the other. Yes, smartphones tend to cling to a weak signal for as long as they can, and only then scan for the best one to reconnect to. There's not much you can do here - and most of the time it's not even an actual issue either.

Mesh WLAN coordinates all access points on the same SSID, and lets the APs actively steer client devices onto the best AP.
Options
2017-09-29 02:30:33

Peter M wrote

Unless you have brandnew "mesh" technology WLAN (you don't), it is up to the client device if and when it switches from one access point to the other. Yes, smartphones tend to cling to a weak signal for as long as they can, and only then scan for the best one to reconnect to. There's not much you can do here - and most of the time it's not even an actual issue either.

Mesh WLAN coordinates all access points on the same SSID, and lets the APs actively steer client devices onto the best AP.

Dear Peter, The solution can be have a TP-Lonk router with Mesh Tecnoligy and an access point with the same technology..?
Thanks
Albeiro
Options
2017-09-29 16:28:13
Yes, if you have router and access point(s) all sharing the same Mesh technology approach, then your devices will roam the network much more smoothly. There is no indication from TP-Link as to if and when they're going to integrate this technology into their products. Others are already shipping updated firmware, e.g. AVM.
Options
2017-10-06 18:01:26
Deco M5 from TP-Link supports mesh network now
Options
Re:Re:TL-WPA4220 Configuration to Roaming
2019-04-12 21:53:45

Hi there,

I have a TP Link router and I have a TL-WPA4220 add on extender, without the base unit.

Can I use the extender if I do not have the base unit? Does the add on work just as a single WiFi extender?

Options
Re:Re:Re:TL-WPA4220 Configuration to Roaming
2019-04-18 17:53:37

@DjDamjano 

No, the TL-WPA4220 needs to have a connection through the electrical wiring to work so you will need another powrline adapter. You could use a TL-PA4010, and have that wired to the router, it will then send a connection through the wiring to the 4220.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1435

Replies: 6