Archer C7 DNS Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 DNS Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C7 DNS Settings
Archer C7 DNS Settings
2017-10-15 23:52:59
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have not received the router,so don't know what firmware is installed, but was reading the manual. I like to use Open DNS and could not find a setting to use their IPV4 or IPV6 IP addresses. I have Xfinity which uses IPV6
I really don't understand that setting. The other way I have my machines set up with the Comcast equipment, also without being able to enter my own DNS servers, is to change my adapter DNS settings for IPV4 & IPV6.instead of Automatically find.

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Tnx
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C7 DNS Settings
2017-10-16 15:18:34
how do you want to set up Open DNS? I saw some cases that they need to block the port 53 and limit some IP addresses, and that needs to be done on access control filtering. It's available on version 1 and 2.
Options
2017-10-17 00:23:07
Never have seen anything like that. May be for the commercial accounts. This is for the free accounts. I never had a router where IPV6 was defined in any way.
I had always just put the addresses in the Windows adapter settings. The dsl isp I used only in the last few years allowed IPV6. Now Comcast will default to it if possible.

It really is just a basic question I can put another way. Do I have to put anything in the C7 IPV6 settings or can I continue to use the Windows Adapter settings ?
Options
2017-10-17 16:17:11
Hi Ken,
Here is an instruction for IPV6 configuration: http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-881.html
Options
2017-10-18 00:15:09
Thank you, I will give it a shot.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1400

Replies: 4

Related Articles