TC7650 Requires Restart Multiple Times Per Day
2017-10-30 01:10:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have had this modem for a little over two months. For the first several weeks it was flawless, but now I need to restart it at least once a day. Comcast is my ISP and they have confirmed everything on their end is fine. I have had them as my ISP for years and my (very) old modem has never had a problem with them.

I have attached a .txt file with my device information and a current log. Can anyone help?

tplink7650-2017.10.29-1.txt
Options
6 Replies
Re:TC7650 Requires Restart Multiple Times Per Day
2017-10-30 20:41:11
Your issue need some detail troubleshooting.
You'd better contact tp-link support for help. support email: support.usa@tp-link.com
Options
Same issue here
2018-06-03 09:11:14
Recently purchased and it ran strong for a week. now I'm resetting it a couple times a day.
Options
2018-06-03 09:15:10
I'm having the same problem. Ran solid for over a week, now it needs a reset once or twice a day. I've attached a log
File:
logs.txtDownload
Options
2018-10-21 17:17:40
I have to do the same since couple of months use of the modem.

Any staff from TP-LINK please help??
Options
2018-10-29 08:14:09
Same problem here. Spectrum 100/10 service, just started about a week ago.

Doing speed tests wirelessly and ethernet showing that the modem is capping the download speeds by half or even more (50Mbps or 14Mbps) and will restore itself after a modem reboot.

Only started a week ago (owned for 11 months now) and It's getting a lot more frequent, about every day at least once.
Options
Re:Re:TC7650 Requires Restart Multiple Times Per Day
Thursday

@nracine12 

Sorry for not getting to you sooner.  I did not see this thread until i began deleting spam.  

Your issue is a T3/T4 time out one.  This is acutally a service level issue and not with the modem or any of your network equipment.  The only way for this to be fixed is for a Maintenance dispatch to the "Plant".  Most ISPs make this dificult.  The process that works best to get it resolved

1.  Call the ISP and ask to speak to a level 2 or 3 technician. Level one only run test to the modem to confrim communication and cannot run line issues.  

2.  Tell the level 2/3 agent that you are experiancing T3 and T4 time out errors on the modem and ask to have the line checked

3.  This will usually result in a tech dispatch to your home, even though 9 times out 10 they can't fix it.  But they are the only ones who can request a maintenance dispach to plant.

4.  Show the feild tech what you are seeing by showing them the logs and then ask for a maintenance dispatch.  

Once the maintenance dispatch is shecduled your issue should be resolved shortly there after. 

Options