TC7650 Requires Restart Multiple Times Per Day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-30 01:10:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have had this modem for a little over two months. For the first several weeks it was flawless, but now I need to restart it at least once a day. Comcast is my ISP and they have confirmed everything on their end is fine. I have had them as my ISP for years and my (very) old modem has never had a problem with them.

I have attached a .txt file with my device information and a current log. Can anyone help?

tplink7650-2017.10.29-1.txt
Options
7 Reply
Re:TC7650 Requires Restart Multiple Times Per Day
2017-10-30 20:41:11
Your issue need some detail troubleshooting.
You'd better contact tp-link support for help. support email: support.usa@tp-link.com
Options
Same issue here
2018-06-03 09:11:14
Recently purchased and it ran strong for a week. now I'm resetting it a couple times a day.
Options
2018-06-03 09:15:10
I'm having the same problem. Ran solid for over a week, now it needs a reset once or twice a day. I've attached a log
File:
logs.txtDownload
Options
2018-10-21 17:17:40
I have to do the same since couple of months use of the modem.

Any staff from TP-LINK please help??
Options
2018-10-29 08:14:09
Same problem here. Spectrum 100/10 service, just started about a week ago.

Doing speed tests wirelessly and ethernet showing that the modem is capping the download speeds by half or even more (50Mbps or 14Mbps) and will restore itself after a modem reboot.

Only started a week ago (owned for 11 months now) and It's getting a lot more frequent, about every day at least once.
Options
Re:Re:TC7650 Requires Restart Multiple Times Per Day
2019-07-11 00:51:57

@nracine12 

Sorry for not getting to you sooner.  I did not see this thread until i began deleting spam.  

Your issue is a T3/T4 time out one.  This is acutally a service level issue and not with the modem or any of your network equipment.  The only way for this to be fixed is for a Maintenance dispatch to the "Plant".  Most ISPs make this dificult.  The process that works best to get it resolved

1.  Call the ISP and ask to speak to a level 2 or 3 technician. Level one only run test to the modem to confrim communication and cannot run line issues.  

2.  Tell the level 2/3 agent that you are experiancing T3 and T4 time out errors on the modem and ask to have the line checked

3.  This will usually result in a tech dispatch to your home, even though 9 times out 10 they can't fix it.  But they are the only ones who can request a maintenance dispach to plant.

4.  Show the feild tech what you are seeing by showing them the logs and then ask for a maintenance dispatch.  

Once the maintenance dispatch is shecduled your issue should be resolved shortly there after. 

Options
2021-05-24 23:25:38

@eleven Same problem for me. Modem barely gets half the speed I'm supposed to get. Today it was maxing 30Mbps. Had to reboot it multiple times and now getting almost half the speed I'm paying for. I've been having this issue for a couple months. Been on the phone with Xfinity with no solution. FRUSTRATING! May buy a new modem from another brand. Tired of dealing with it with no support at all.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1791

Replies: 7