Using MAC filters with TP-Link Archer 2300 as access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Using MAC filters with TP-Link Archer 2300 as access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Using MAC filters with TP-Link Archer 2300 as access point
2018-11-01 22:22:25
This feature you mentioned allows the device to connect wirelessly for example, but does not have access to the internet and still has access to the network, it really only works in router mode.
Now the function that I showed in the attachment, the device that is on the blacklist for example can not connect wirelessly in any way the network and works in both router mode and access point mode.

I can not explain how Tplink leaves such a simple function absent and is present in several input models and cheaper.
Options
2018-11-01 22:25:35

Tallboy wrote

The below attachment shows using MAC filters in C2300 router mode. This options will not be available in access point mode hope its clear.

This feature you mentioned allows the device to connect wirelessly for example, but does not have access to the internet and still has access to the network, it really only works in router mode.
Now the function that I showed in the attachment, the device that is on the blacklist for example can not connect wirelessly in any way the network and works in both router mode and access point mode.

I can not explain how Tplink leaves such a simple function absent and is present in several input models and cheaper.
Options
2019-11-03 18:16:49

Dear All,

I would like to iterate the same issue or 'lack of functionality' for the Archer C9. I have two older C8's set-up manually as Access Points that do allow MAC Filtering succesfully. The C9:

a. Unlike the C8, the C9 cannot be set-up manually as AP;

b. In 'AP Mode', the C9 does not allow MAC Filtering.

Any ideas, solutions?

Thanks,

kurgom86

Options
2019-11-12 13:00:28

All,

I have found a solution which works for my Archer C9:

1. Set-up the Router as an Access Point manually

- Go to 'Network - LAN'

- Enter the IP address manually within the subnet of the main router (e.g. 192.168.0.x)

- Enter the subnet mask identically as the subnet mask within the LAN (e.g. 255.255.255.0)

2. Set-up the Wireless Connections and SSID

- Go to 'Wireless - Wireless Settings'

- Set-up your 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSID

3. Now, we need to bridge the LAN to your Wireless SSID

- Go to 'System Tools - System Parameters'

- Under '2.4Ghz Wireless', click 'Enable WDS Bridging'

- Now, enter the MAC Address of the LAN part to be bridged of the Archer C9 (can be found under 'Network - LAN')

4. Lastly, disable the DHCP server, as the DHCP settings will be received from the main router

- Go to 'Network - DHCP Server'

- Untick the box 'Enable DHCP Server'

5. Reboot the Access Point

6. Now, you should be able to access the LAN and WAN, both wired and wireless, and tweak the settings (such as MAC filtering) further!

Hope this was useful.

Best regards,

kurgom86

Options