Archer t9e issue after windows 10 update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-22 07:54:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Yesterday everything was working perfectly normal but had a Windows update that I put off until I finished up. I let my computer update and went to bed. Today I turn my computer on and now I'm getting the (code 10) error with no internet availability. I tried a clean driver reinstall, update, and even tried an older driver from the site, restarting the computer after every try with no positive results. I'm wondering if there is some issue with the Windows 10 update or something else.
Options
28 Reply
Re:Archer t9e issue after windows 10 update
2017-11-22 10:28:45
Common issue, you'll probably have to downgrade until new driver released. http://www.itprotoday.com/windows-10/how-revert-back-your-previous-os-after-windows-10-upgrade
Options
Same issue - Archer T9E has been working fine for months under Windows 10.
2017-11-23 04:28:47
I have the same issue. The Archer T9E has been working fine for months under Windows 10. There was a minor security update to Windows last night. Since then the network adapter has not worked.

Device manager shows error message:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

So far I have tried:
- Uninstalling the windows update. The problem continued unchanged
- Uninstalling and then installing the latest driver (v1_170831)
- Uninstalling the current driver (v1_170831) and installing the last driver (v1_151026)
- Running the "Utility" provided on the TP-Link driver page (v141124)
- Following these directions to verify the windows drivers. No issues were found. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

To johnb_xp's suggestion:
Did you mean to post a link with instruction on reverting Windows 10 back to Windows 8? We are talking about a minor security update in Windows 10 before wich the Archer T9E was working fine for a long time. In my case, it was a fresh install of Windows 10 and not an upgrade from a previous version. In any case, I do not believe reverting back to Windows 8 is not an option anymore.
Options
2017-11-23 05:51:35
Some users on the forum have solved the issue by moving the card to another PCi port.
Options
Roll Back
2017-11-23 11:15:00
Changing PCI Slots
Some people have been able to move the card to a new slot. I do not have any other free PCI Express slots on my motherboard, so instead I tried removing the card, uninstalling all the TP_Link, then reinstalling the card and software like it was new. No luck. It continued to give the "code 10" error.

Solved (kind of)
Despite what the log says this appears to have been a more invasive Windows update. Something called the "Fall Creators Update". Uninstalling the security patch listed in the update log did not work. However, reverting the entire update fixed the network issues. I followed the instructions on this web page:
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-uninstall-windows-10-creators-update
Options
2017-11-23 11:45:41
Changing to a different PCI port worked instantly and everything has been fine since. Thank you!
Options
2017-11-27 18:30:23
Well, i think it's more complicated than just a new driver. I have tried other USB network devices and ethernet with cable and the same happens every time, code 10 - I think that the new Windows build Creators Fall update not is compatible with all motherboards. I have installed this Windows update without issues on multiple PC's.
Options
2017-11-28 14:13:29
I've been trying to solve this problem for months now, ever since the Creator's update from Windows messed up my connection. From what I've read, any adapter that uses the Realtek or Ralink drivers has this problem, and I've also read that Realtek doesn't plan on updating theirs. Are all of the TP-Link adapters making use of Realtek or Ralink? It's difficult to find out what's in use in adapters, until you have them on your computer. I've bought 3 of them so far, and I'm getting a little tired of having to return them because they all have used Realtek, and didn't work onWindows 10. Does anyone know of an adapter that does NOT use Realtek? Thanks for any information you can provide.
Options
2017-11-29 01:28:52

jazz_71 wrote

I've been trying to solve this problem for months now, ever since the Creator's update from Windows messed up my connection. From what I've read, any adapter that uses the Realtek or Ralink drivers has this problem, and I've also read that Realtek doesn't plan on updating theirs. Are all of the TP-Link adapters making use of Realtek or Ralink? It's difficult to find out what's in use in adapters, until you have them on your computer. I've bought 3 of them so far, and I'm getting a little tired of having to return them because they all have used Realtek, and didn't work onWindows 10. Does anyone know of an adapter that does NOT use Realtek? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Actually, the T9E uses the Broadcom BCM4360 chip. Realtek is waaaaay better at updating drivers. In fact, if you get an Archer T4UH you can expect frequent updates by me. Just released an updated unofficial driver with the latest drivers from Realtek.
Options
Thank you!
2017-11-29 06:24:38

johnb_xp wrote

Actually, the T9E uses the Broadcom BCM4360 chip. Realtek is waaaaay better at updating drivers. In fact, if you get an Archer T4UH you can expect frequent updates by me. Just released an updated unofficial driver with the latest drivers from Realtek.

Thank you so much, Johnb_xp;223719! I'm not the most compuer literate person, and this has been a very frustrating process. People like you are a Godsend to people like me! I'll definitely try the Archer T4UH that you recommend. Thanks again!
Options
2017-12-05 12:18:07
Just chiming in that I've also had the same issue since the Fall Creators update. I think it's beyond just a driver issue, Windows 10 doesn't even detect the adapter being there anymore- I've put the card in to my spare PC, which runs Windows 7, and it was detected. It was working fine on my main pc with Windows 10 until the morning that Fall Creators update was installed
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7635

Replies: 28

Related Articles