Alexa says tp link not responding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-15 11:53:41
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Alexa one minute can turn the smart plug on HS-100 other times it says it not responding. I have checked the network and it is on 2.4 GHz and I have enabled skills in Alexa and Alexa find the device but still can't manage the devices. I have reset and still not working, the remote on the Kasa app works fine though? Anybody got and idea why it won't work?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Alexa says tp link not responding
2017-12-15 16:33:54
Good morning. I have the same Problem. Did anyone had an Idea what the Problem is?
Options
2018-01-01 10:24:57
I have the same problem. It looks like no one has responded to your post in over 2 weeks. That isn't a good sign.
Options
2 Firmware upgrades
2018-01-08 21:10:08
I was having this problem this morning. I checked the KASA app to see if the devices had firmware upgrades. None shown. I noticed my router needed a firmware upgrade, which I ran. Still couldn't resolve the problem. I decided to check the KASA app and found that the devices now had a firmware upgrade available. Ran it and the problem has been resolved. I hope this helps.
Options
2018-01-08 21:36:48
This may be a duplicate post but I cannot find the original. I checked my devices in the KASA app and neither had firmware upgrades. I noticed my router did. After I ran that one, I checked the devices again and they indeed had firmware upgrades available. After running that upgrade. eveything was back to normal. Evidently my router upgrade was preventing th LASA app from recognizing the devie upgrades.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2410

Replies: 4