Frequent loss of internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Frequent loss of internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
41 Reply
Re:Frequent loss of internet connection
2018-01-01 00:10:02

LansKu wrote

Same problem here with samsung S6. It is irritating to lose internetconnection multiple times a day.Can this be solved ?
My nest camera goes offline and I have to restart it or restart deco. Everything else is fine. There is definitely an issue.
Options
2018-01-01 00:30:28
Is there anything logged? Cant find Any Messages regarding the connectiondrop or the blinking leds.
Options
2018-01-01 17:15:44
So it seems band steering is the problem here, but there is no way to disble this in the deco. My phone disconnects frequently, this now seems to be relatetd to the CRACK fix on some devices. Please get us more setting options in the deco so we can eiter separate a 2.4 and 5 ghz band or disable band steering and select a band for each device manually.
Options
2018-01-01 21:15:59
When My phone disconnects, every device disconnects from internet.(Not sure But i think Only on the problemdeco unit where the devices are connected to)
Options
2018-01-02 02:59:17
Hi,
I bought the Deco M5 last week and I am also experiencing the same problems with my own S6 and my girlfriends S6. Both the phones loose their connection after some time. Which is very frustrating. Currently I am concidering returning the Deco. I also tried all of the above. Would be nice to get a response with a proper solution / explaination from tp-link. Thank you..
Options
2018-01-02 13:59:53
Deco m5 are all crap, lost of money, I have ask for support a long time, no answer just excuses, really doesnt work, tplink need to recall that shit out of the market and call loss..
Options
2018-01-02 17:37:43
I got the following reply from tplink support:

--------------------------
Dear Customer,

We take great importance to your case and make a series of tests in our lab. Results are as below:
1. A variety of Wi-Fi clients can connect to Deco's wifi and get stable performance, including phones, PCs, TVs, etc.
2. Samsung phone is one of the most important test items. Samsung Note3, S6 (Android 5.0), S7 (Android 7.0), S8 (Android 7.0), etc, can connect to Deco‘s wifi and get very stable connection in a two-day test.
3. Then we update the Android system on Samsung S6 to Android 7.0, problem occurs. Seems the issue caused by the latest update on Samsung S6.
4. We then connect Samsung S6 (Android 7.0) to other single routers, everything works fine. Then connect S6 (Android 7.0) to a single Deco, everything works fine as well. However, when second Deco is added, problem occurs. We do find that other customers feedback this issue with other mesh systems such as Netgear Orbi, which has several units together to combine a network.
So we get the conclusion that, the latest update of Samsung S6 introduces a new issue itself, causing S6 phone not roaming properly in a system that is consist of several AP units. It's a case of Samsung S6 and they need to release a new firmware to fix this problem.

Temporary solution:
Please connect Samsung S6 to Deco's guest network. It should solve the problem.
------------------------------

Options
2018-01-03 04:24:49
Same here with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and also Galaxy A3(2016). Both phones regularly show the ! sign on the wifi symbol when connected to the Deco M5.
I also suspect there may be an issue with these phones and WPA2 security. I keep losing email connection to my exchange server and it then works erratically before losing connection again. I connected to a 'guest' wifi (separate location) and everything worked OK without the WPA2 requirement.
Does anyone know which security protocol the Deco M5 uses? You only have an option to enter a password!
This seems to all have happened since the last update - did the security process change?
Options
2018-01-04 16:05:11
I have problems with every device and there is no Samsung in My house.iPhone 6, iPhone 7. Sony bravia (Android), Dell pc (Windows 10 )I play gta online on a Ps4 pro and My sessions disconnects multiple times a day or im suddenly in a session on My own.
Options
2018-01-04 17:23:27
Interestingly, Samsung today confirmed there are many users with wifi issues and that 'sometime' during the 1st qtr a new rollout will be available.
Strangely, it seemed that only EAS Exchange email and Google Play store were affected - and not just with Deco units but other standalone routers as well, including Draytek. There do not need to be 2 Samsung phones connected either.
Also of interest is that TP-Link say to connect to the Guest network... that also maybe suggests some sort of WPA issue?
I guess it is a question of wait and see?
Options
Related Articles