Unable to use remote access when configured on network with client isolation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-02 04:57:08
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I want to connect my TP-Link smart plugs HS-100, HS-105 on my wifi network with client isolation enabled. I understand that I need to disable client isolation in order to configure them; I've done so with no problem. However after I enable remote access and enable client isolation on my network, I can't access the TP-Link smart plugs from my Kasa App! Is this a known issue and is there a upcoming fix? The smart plugs shouldn't need any local access after their configured, and I am not sure why it needs it to work when remote access is enabled!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to use remote access when configured on network with client isolation
2018-01-08 19:00:05
If you enable client isolation you need to enable remote control option to control the smart plug
Options
Re:Unable to use remote access when configured on network with client isolation
2018-01-09 09:17:54
That did not work for me. I made sure remote was enabled, but the moment I turn on client isolation, the app can't see the device anymore.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 591

Replies: 2